New FN Style Barrel Tool

Information on Malfunctions and Care of your Model 8 & 81
1913Model8

New FN Style Barrel Tool

Post by 1913Model8 »

Hi Guys,
Just adding this to the Troubleshoot and Maintenance part of the form.
For those who are on the list thank you and thank you for your patients.
Just trying to get this out to as many people as possible for cost reasons too of course.
I am also looking to maybe make or buy wooden boxes for the tool and the parts for the tool for shipping and for storage.
If anyone is interested in the tool please PM me with your name to get on the list.
This is made to be an FN style tool for the purpose of wanting that specific style work tool, this will be a more spendy item than let's say a spanner style wrench that I have seen posed on there. The project is being done because the tool is extremely rare and it would be a great piece to go with your rifles that is also very functional as well as a cool talking piece.
Attached below is my rendering of the tool as well as a CAD image and the old photo ref of the FN tool.
The new tool with talking about how it will be made with my gunsmith as being stainless steel and polished. Otherwise, it will be a steel and Nitre Blued. If you are looking for a particular finish let me know asap. Unfortunately, Rust Bluing will not be an option as my gunsmith just doesn't have the time to do this method. Turnbull might be a path though?
The shaft that goes into the barrel to support the tool from rocking as you twist it will have a dowel that will spin freely as you turn so that the rifling and or barrel will not be marked up or damaged in any way. (reference a barrel remer tool)

Spread the word and enjoy and look forward to new names to the list.
Looking to get these made 2023 sometime.
Attachments
fn-takedown-tool2.jpg
fn-takedown-tool2.jpg (45.2 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
FN tool design.jpg
FN tool design.jpg (100.32 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
30 rem tool.jpeg
30 rem tool.jpeg (83.44 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
TJ
Industrial Designer
www.tharpdesignarts.com