Marble Peep Sight on eBay

Posts about the Model 81~Woodsmaster~
DWalt

Marble Peep Sight on eBay

Post by DWalt »

A Marble's peep sight for the M8/81 sold on eBay this morning for $140. I don't think it had the attachment screw included. Amazing. I dropped out at $80.
remcrazy

Re: Marble Peep Sight on eBay

Post by remcrazy »

The Marbles peep sights for Model 8 & 81 are nice, don't get me wrong but, they don't hold a candle to the same in a Lyman! For some reason, it appears the much better built Lyman peep sight tends to takes a back seat. I have one of each and would choose the Lyman over the Marbles any day! They are far superior in quality and smoother working, in my opinion!
DWalt wrote:A Marble's peep sight for the M8/81 sold on eBay this morning for $140. I don't think it had the attachment screw included. Amazing. I dropped out at $80.
DWalt

Re: Marble Peep Sight on eBay

Post by DWalt »

I have a Marble tang sight on my Model 99 Savage takedown in .303 Savage (early 1920's vintage). It's probably worth more than the rest of the gun, and also a Marble-Goss micrometer target sight on my Winchester bull barrel Model 52B. I've had some very tempting offers for that sight, as it is magnificent. But I'd never sell it separately from the rifle. I'm thinking about doing just that, as my competitive rifle shooting days are long past.

I'd take either sight for my new M81. My eyesight is so poor that use of open sights is not very effective except at close range, but I do OK with peeps and red dots. However, for an open sight, the one on the M81 is not that bad.