What goes around comes around ( I guess)

Posts about the Model 8
mr mike

What goes around comes around ( I guess)

Post by mr mike »

Checking around the inter-net and came across this:

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/viewIt ... 613642#pic

after a bit I realised I'd seen that rifle on this site a while back:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1511&sid

Like I said, "what goes around comes around". Sure hope someone will get that guy an fill them holes.
Already dealin' with mine. No more scopes for my rifle. :D
Western

Re: What goes around comes around ( I guess)

Post by Western »

I was looking at it, but not at that price. Depending on the barrel springs I would go 100 for parts.

On the other side, you could strip the blue from the gun, weld up the excess of holes, and bakecoat the exposed metal some unusual color, and make something of the poor wrecked thing.
Wildgoose

Re: What goes around comes around ( I guess)

Post by Wildgoose »

Rifles like this really get to me. I have a soft spot for once proud old hunting guns. They are still usable firearms from a golden age in this country now past. But have fallen into strange hands and for reasons I cant ever fathom been cosmetictly ruined. This one makes me want to buy it and grab my tig welder. Heck I even know where I could get it reblued. But like Western says, not at that price. Just too darn bad as its still capable of taking game or just plain fun to shoot. At the right price it could even be a good starter gun for someone who just wanted to play with one of these old spring poles with out investing too much in the game. I am already too deep into a couple of these old cast offs as it is now. :roll: