Trappin

Post your non-Model 8 and 81
Hunting pictures here
Hibby83

Trappin

Post by Hibby83 »

Got 2 nice male raccoons around Christmas.
received_731116071933062.jpeg
received_731116071933062.jpeg (361.3 KiB) Viewed 912 times
Attachments
received_707976104415979.jpeg
received_707976104415979.jpeg (162.62 KiB) Viewed 912 times
Hibby83

Re: Trappin

Post by Hibby83 »

Tucsontony wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:18 am Nice going Luke. I don’t know what coon hides are going for now days, but I see you put in the effort to do it up right. Have ya ever tried any of the meat. My buddy back in MN used to toss some on the grill and char the heck out of them. Almost like eating unsalted jerky.
Thank you!

Raccoons aren't worth much now. These are 3XL (L) and a 2XL (R) examples. I'm going to send them out to get tanned, maybe a hat, hang on my wall or perhaps a gift for someone in the future. I'm only running a few traps on my property.

I have never tried raccoon. I understand there's a way to cook just about anything, I just haven't thought about eating a raccoon yet. :D
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Luke,
Uncle Harry gave Mom a racoon to surprise Dad with a special dinner when I was a kid. Mom was so pleased as Dad had made a living in his early teens trapping & supplying meat for the table...
SUURRPrise Harry & his dad had treed an OOLLLDDD boar coon, skinned & dressed it, gave it to Mom. Did NOT tell her the meat was stained with "Hormones".
She boiled it on the gas stove in the kitchen all day, about 6hrs, the more it cooked the more it fogged the whole house with near skunk flavor. When Dad got home, "What's that stink??!!??" By then Mom had the remains in the tin garbage can by the garage. She finally fessed up that Harry & his Dad had donated the raccoon. Dad laughed till he cried, knew just what a prank the 2 nefarious hunters had done to Mom.
I was there when she caught up with the culprits, It WEREN't pretty. The drive from Louisville to Chanellton was eerily quiet. Harry (little guy) ducked & ran like a squirrel, even climbed the nearest tree. The oak branch she had almost knocked the tree down. Papaw Zellers had no luck, he had lost an arm & leg to a corn picker. Had to repaint his wooden leg, lots of scratches. My aunt Suzie was rolling on the ground watching the 3 go at it. She was on Mom's side.....
Phyrbird
SOKY
Hibby83

Post by Hibby83 »

Thanks, Carl. Stories like that probably don't happen anymore these days. Hope all is well in SOKY!
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Too Cool :!: :!: Like we don't got enough snow, just not as bad as Iowa :lol:
Phyrbird
SOKY