25-35 buffer spring

Information on Malfunctions and Care of your Model 8 & 81
Old Bull

25-35 buffer spring

Post by Old Bull »

I'm new to the forum and have a Model 8 in 25-35 caliber. In disassembling the rifle I find the buffer spring and barrel nut washer are AWOL. I would like to get this otherwise fine rifle back into service but have come up empty in trying to find these items. I can make the barrel washer if I can't find one but have no idea on the spring rate or dimensions for the correct buffer spring. Just wondering if anyone on here has one they would be willing to sell.
Thanks
Klaus
curdog

Re: 25-35 buffer spring

Post by curdog »

I'm not sure who has a buffer spring for a 25. If you find a buffer spring, make sure you can squeeze it shut between your thumb and fore finger - that is the right one.
The springs for the 30/32/35 are very stiff, and can hardly be compressed at all.

I have new barrel nut lock washers available.
Old Bull

Post by Old Bull »

Thanks cudog. pm sent.
Tand2cs

Post by Tand2cs »

I realize a few years have passed since the last post, but I have been trying to find a barrel nut lock washer for my .25 model 8. The rifle is new to me, but I have a 81 in .300 savage that I have had apart and reassembled so know what should be inside. Was surprised when I took the barrel nut off and the spring popped out. Anyway, the nut is one of the course type. Any chance you may still have a washer? Or leads on chasing one down? I have been checking eBay daily and a few other sites that sell old hard to find parts.

Thanks for considering, and reading.