Great site

New Member Introductions
Cwbyers

Great site

Post by Cwbyers »

New member here. I have used the site for research for a couple years and just decided to join. I inherited my grandfathers model 81 300 savage a few years ago. He bought it new and used it as his only hunting rifle for almost 50 years. It is in excellent shape. I have shot it at the range but haven't hunted with it. In the last couple years I have purchased another 81 this one in 35 rem. I also have three model 8's in 30-30r, 32 rem, and 35 rem. i really enjoy the rifles. Thanks for the site and all the information.

The picture posted is of my grandfather in the late 30's or early 40's. He is the one on the right. This was a guided hunt in the blue mountains in south east Washington state. He filled his three tags on the 3 week trip, an elk, a mule deer, and a goat. Neither of the model 8's belong to him. I believe he used his dad's model 94 30-30 on this trip. I don't know who the rifles belong to but I believe they were the inspiration for him to buy his 81 in 1946.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (487 KiB) Viewed 4808 times
Last edited by Cwbyers on Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
S and S HUNTCLUB

Re: Great site

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Awesome Picture! Thanks for sharing this with everyone.
Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and S HUNTCLUB
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Welcome ! Thanks for the great photo. Really like seeing how they were dressed for the hunt. No Camo or Scent- lock apparel needed to take those animals." Mossy Oak and Real Tree", eat your hearts out.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
S and S HUNTCLUB

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

I just absolutely love this picture! Three Elk, three goats, plus a Mule deer and a Stake Bed truck. How cool is that? That is a family photo to cherish for sure! You just know these guys were some serious hunter's, not only by the game they bagged & the rifle's they carried, but the "We mean business" look on their face's. Thanks again!

Enjoy Life, Bob @ S and s HUNTCLUB
81police

Post by 81police »

This is probably one of the coolest "Model 8" pictures I've ever seen! What a haul of trophies! No doubt those guys were filled with joy that day, and how well those Model 8's look on display :D

Thank you for sharing :D :D
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator