Model 8 Takedown Bag / Backpack

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
nabaker

Model 8 Takedown Bag / Backpack

Post by nabaker »

So, is there a bag or backpack for the Model 8 that resembles the function of the 10/22 Takedown with its bag? Here's what I'm talking about:

If not, what would be the best way to do this? Just convert a regular backpack or make one from scratch? The goal here would be something to carry backpacking / long-term trekking, so as lightweight and compact as possible would be cool. Any ideas on how to keep the two halves separate in the bag/pack so they do not beat each other to death? What about weather resistance?

Thanks in advance!
Sarge756

Re: Model 8 Takedown Bag / Backpack

Post by Sarge756 »

There were/are takedown cases made for the 8/81 but they were usually leather and not configured like the Ruger 10-22 case/bag. Don`t see why the Ruger case wouldn`t work. Don`t see it listed on the Ruger website but you might call and see if available.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
DWalt

Re: Model 8 Takedown Bag / Backpack

Post by DWalt »

It wouldn't be very difficult for any capable seamstress to construct such a carrying case. I know my wife could do it easily, but she doesn't often take on projects such as that for me (she has a sideline business of making custom women's purses, some of which are fairly elaborate in construction, with lots of zippers and pockets).