Lee .358, 200 grain mold

Items wanted
Rifleman

Lee .358, 200 grain mold

Post by Rifleman »

Looking for a Lee .358" 200 grain double cavity bullet mold. Lee #90449. Would also consider a comparable RCBS or Lyman mold.
S and S HUNTCLUB

Re: Lee .358, 200 grain mold

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

Try this link...

https://www.gotenda.com/product/lee-mol ... -rf-90449/

You can call them at:
905-597-4772

As you know, the Lee 90449 is out of stock everywhere you look. Sometimes you have to go outside the border.

Enjoy life, Bob
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Thank you Bob. I've checked about every online outfit that sells Lee Molds and everyone was out of stock. I left my email with around four of them to advise when back in stock. Midway allowed an order on their 'backorder' app, but in talking with them and a few others they had no idea when they'd receive. T/W Lee Precision, they advised plans in effect to produce the 90449, but no idea when. There are a few that have the 6 cavity molds, but I prefer the double. Although if push come to shove I'd probably go that route.

Never heard of 'gotenda' out of Canada. Have to give em a call. You're right, sometimes need to go otta' borders. It's a few $ more than US sites, but not excessive ($6). I have all I need to cast some 35 Rem bullets except a mold. Do have molds I use for 38/357, but they're on the light side. Factory ammo for the 35 Rem at $50-70 per 20 is ridiculous, at that price, not a joy to shoot. My new 35 Rem 81 will just be used for admiring, target shooting, and the pure joy of shooting a gun of the past, same as my 300 Savage 81's and Savage 99's. Can't hunt deer here in Iowa with any bottle neck rifle, only straight wall revolver and a few others such as the 45/70, 350 and 450 Bushmasters. That just was allowed a few years ago. Thanks again for the heads up. Roger, the Rifleman.

EDIT-04/20: Bummer! Gotenda will only ship within Canadian borders. Tried to enter my address in the Gotenda order form and it wouldn't take it, no space to enter state, only Canadian Providence. Checked shipping regs on their site, no international sales. :o :(
S and S HUNTCLUB

Post by S and S HUNTCLUB »

BUMMER! I didn't go that deep into it. Eventually they'll be available here at home. Lots of the SIX Bullet types available out there. Good luck!
Enjoy life, Bob
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Finally ordered a six bullet mold from Midway today. Called and t/w Lee Precision. Rep there advised they are running 2 to 3-4 months behind schedule on orders and the two cavity .358 200 grain mold I want, since it is not one of the big sellers is aways out. Advised if I could get a 6 cavity grab it if available as production on them is same as two cavity. I do have two other Lee six cavity molds, while can deal with them, like the two cavity better, but don't want to not be able to cast and load for 35 Remington for 2 to 3-4 months.