Barrel disassembly tool WTB

Items wanted
Headoftheholler

Barrel disassembly tool WTB

Post by Headoftheholler »

Can someone point me in the right direction to purchasing the tool to take down the barrel/shroud assembly?
jack1653

Re: Barrel disassembly tool WTB

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Headoftheholler,

Try Bob with Circle B Ranch. He has two versions...a reproduction of the factory spanner wrench and a heavy duty "Pro-Tools" set.

Bob's name on the forum is "remcrazy" and you can contact him either by PM or via email at circlebranch@cox.net.

I have purchased both item from Bob and they are great. My recommendation would be the Pro-Tools version.

Regards,

jack1653
Adam Lee

Post by Adam Lee »

jack1653 wrote:Hey Headoftheholler,

Try Bob with Circle B Ranch. He has two versions...a reproduction of the factory spanner wrench and a heavy duty "Pro-Tools" set.

Bob's name on the forum is "remcrazy" and you can contact him either by PM or via email at circlebranch@cox.net.

I have purchased both item from Bob and they are great. My recommendation would be the Pro-Tools version.

Regards,

jack1653
Jack's right - although I don't own either of the tools Bob makes, they are right on for the job. Take a look at the Youtube videos that demonstrate how these tools work - well thought-out.
The old factory original tools - like the famous FN 1900 tool you've heard about - are not being "replicated" commercially. Mitch was talking about one he had made from a buddy (since passed away) that fairly resembled that tool. We had chatted about looking into "whipping up" something like that but it is just a dream at this point.
If you look at the FN tool, it's basically a milling/lathe and drill press sort of a project, perhaps. Much more goes into it, but that's the sort of shop machinery necessary.

I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
1913Model8

Post by 1913Model8 »

I am making a FN style barrel tool with a local gunsmith, very nice and knowledgeable guys, CNC machines and all. Waiting for the quote but they know that I want to make a possible run with people that are interested here on the site. This will be as close as possible without seeing original drawings for the tool, just based from existing pictures of the tool.
These can be cerakoted, or a few other finishes, or left in the raw material form. I grade steel part that won't break, they also have an idea on how to make it easier to use by clamping it through the barrel so the tool won't slip off. This could be offered both ways for display or original version as well as ease of use.
Please let me know if you are interested in a tool, and if anyone else is interested.
Thanks
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (15 KiB) Viewed 3128 times
TJ
Industrial Designer
www.tharpdesignarts.com
1913Model8

Post by 1913Model8 »

Hi Jack1653, Phybird, Dgeorgarms,
Here is the images of the CAD model for the FN style tool,
These will be made in Stainless steel and polished.
The model is very close to final product, the first one for myself will be made soon, I will keep you posted on price.
Attachments
FN tool design.jpg
FN tool design.jpg (100.32 KiB) Viewed 2324 times
FN tool design 2.jpg
FN tool design 2.jpg (99.1 KiB) Viewed 2324 times
TJ
Industrial Designer
www.tharpdesignarts.com