New movie about Bonnie and Clyde

doublecanister

New movie about Bonnie and Clyde

Post by doublecanister »

I'm hoping for some Model 8 and Winchester 07 action in this film. Comes out in March. Finally, a movie that focuses on the posse that hunted the gang, and not on the gang itself. Costner looks perfect as Frank Hamer. Notice the pistol grip on Hamer's BAR....never seen that before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH6vC-BBKOc
Todd
Remington Model 8, .35 Rem (1909)
Remington Model 8, .32 Rem (1926)
Remington Model 81, .35 Rem (1937)
Remington Model 81, .35 Rem (1941)
Remington Model 81, .300 Savage (1946)
Remington Model 81, 35 Rem (1948)
9.3shooter

Re: New movie about Bonnie and Clyde

Post by 9.3shooter »

I just watched it for the second time, excellent movie with a great soundtrack as well. Hamer uses his model 8 at the end, no mention of caliber of course.
Really only two things about the movie annoy me. One is when they follow Clyde's car out into a dirt field that is huge and lose him in a dust cloud! Not likely.
The other is more humorous, when they go to the lake early on to test some guns and Hamer fires a full mag of 30-06 into a metal sign and apparently none of the bullets penetrate the sign because the lake directly behind the sign is undisturbed thru out. Think someone might have caught that.
Last edited by 9.3shooter on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

I like the movie generally, but one thing does rankle. Because of a rather limited budget the movie makes it look like Hamer took about a week to track down the outlaws, instead of several months.
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.
MinnesotaDan

Post by MinnesotaDan »

To be precise, that "BAR" was a Colt Monitor. It was a knock off of the Browning design, that had a shorter barrel, different compensator, different hand guard and a pistol grip. Internally, it was the same as a BAR. It would have been highly unlikely that a gun shop would have had one on hand for someone to walk in and buy as Costner does in the movie.
cantgrowup

Post by cantgrowup »

Hamer most likely did not have any form of BAR at the ambush. He used a Rem 8 in an unspecified caliber. Hinton was the only LEO with a BAR, which he borrowed from the Texas National Guard, I believe.