Tulsa Gunshow

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Roger

Tulsa Gunshow

Post by Roger »

Hey fellow members,
Just wondering if anyone here is traveling to the Tulsa Oklahoma Gun Show this weekend.? My youngest son and I are hoping to go ,leaving on Friday from Iowa and Missouri. We haven’t been able to go for 2 years plus. Something work related or cancellations due to Covid-19 have come up. This show,and the Mvaca. Show in Kansas City during July,are our 2major events every year. It’s hard for me to do events with my 3 sons now that they are older with families of their own.I’m sure that some of you can identify with this. Anyway I hope some of you can attend the show. It’s sure a lot of fun for us gun people.
Thanks for your time
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
81police

Re: Tulsa Gunshow

Post by 81police »

I so wish I could go this year, but won't be able to make it. I would love to live vicariously through you Roger and get a post later of any cool 8/81's that you saw there? Model 8 Tulsa report lol
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hey Cam,
I’ll be glad to make a full report on the show,when I return next week. Hopefully we will find something good that we can afford to buy.
Thanks for your time
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
MinnesotaDan

Post by MinnesotaDan »

I hope you find some interesting firearms. I look forward to hearing an after action report.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hey Dan,
We will be looking hard for the gems to fit into our collections. I have some specific pieces that I’m hoping to find. And so does my son. You are always welcome to come down to Iowa to see our new acquisitions,after we return.
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Hey Roger----Enjoy the show. Ifin ya find a nice shape 81 in 35 Remington no buttpad, no receiver drilling, nice bore, 'cheap'---toss it in your show bag---just what I'm lookin for!!!! :D :D Safe trip for you and travelin companions!!! Roger from up north of ya!!!
Roger

Post by Roger »

Well guys,
Our plans have been dashed on the rocks,again. My youngest sons wife and son have come down with a terrible illness. We’re hoping that it’s not Covid 19. Anyway, my prayers are with them both. Needless to say, we won’t be going to Tulsa today. We’re both disappointed,but we’re worried about theirs well being more than anything else.
Thanks for your time
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Hibby83

Post by Hibby83 »

Hope they get better soon. There's always next year for the show.

I'm not sure if I'll ever get to go to the Tulsa show due to my geographic location. I did some video searching on youtube, I guess it's to be the largest of the gun shows

I'll be up by the New York border "Pennsylvania side" for a gun show tomorrow in a town called Roulette.
81police

Post by 81police »

Hope they recover quickly!!!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

All the best for your family Roger, God's Blessings!
Roger

Post by Roger »

Thank you to everyone who expressed concerns. My last conversation with my son confirmed a negative Covid and strep throat tests. My daughter in law is slightly improving day to day. Dr apparently didn’t test for the flu. I can only assume that it’s the problem. My little grandson (2.5 yrs) is about the same and never was as sick as his mother. We are glad that she seems to be doing better.
My son and I are both very disappointed about missing the Tulsa show. Hopefully the Kansas City Mvac show will be a great one for us in July. 3.5 months away and counting the days. I would suggest that anyone here within driving distance of Kansas City, plan to attend. It’s not Tulsa,but a good collectible firearm show. The Missouri Valley Arms Collectors Assn. runs this show. I belong to this organization and I’m therefore a little predjudice.
Thanks for your time
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
MinnesotaDan

Post by MinnesotaDan »

I am glad to hear that they are doing better. That is good news.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

MinnesotaDan wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:31 am I am glad to hear that they are doing better. That is good news.
Amen!