SPAM, SCAMS & MALWARE ?

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Hibby83

SPAM, SCAMS & MALWARE ?

Post by Hibby83 »

As of late the forum has been experiencing a high frequency of unsavory activity. What's the best way to alert the page administration to nip these in the bud? Should we just use the "report this post" button on the post, or the "contact us" button at the bottom of the website?

It upsets me that some people may not know better "by clicking malicious links "and get taken advantage of.
81police

Re: SPAM, SCAMS & MALWARE ?

Post by 81police »

It's been insane Hibby83. First we were getting over 100 new, fake accounts daily. We changed some of the spambot countermeasures and still it kept up. I eventually had to halt all new accounts. 2 days passed and there were over 400. Were some legit? I don't know and I didn't go through them all I just deleted them. I've opened things up again and there were 2 new ones this morning. It's a sophisticated program using AI because it's passing the Model 8 Q&A at registration and it's making posts that are odd but almost believable.

So please just email me if you see any issues. I'm afraid the targeting of this site isn't over!

cat9x@hotmail.com
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Hibby83

Post by Hibby83 »

I don't envy you in that position. Hope my post didn't come across wrong. It's unbelievable how advanced thats become. I don't understand why this site has been targeted with such volume.

You're doing an excellent job!
81police

Post by 81police »

I don't know much about the digital world to be honest, but I'd imagine we are not directly targeted like as in a human being somewhere is directing this situation. I think it's all computer generated.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Tucsontony

Post by Tucsontony »

Well, Cam just got me back on the sight, but all my history is gone. I think what happened is about a week ago I had made some dumb comments on one of those spam posts. It was all written in Russian and I made some flippant remarks about them to speak English. Then all of a sudden My login didn’t work anymore. Finally got to Cam’s email and he got me back on. Thanks Cam.
Hibby83

Post by Hibby83 »

Tucsontony wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:11 pm Well, Cam just got me back on the sight, but all my history is gone. I think what happened is about a week ago I had made some dumb comments on one of those spam posts. It was all written in Russian and I made some flippant remarks about them to speak English. Then all of a sudden My login didn’t work anymore. Finally got to Cam’s email and he got me back on. Thanks Cam.

Welcome back! I had noticed that your replies weren't on one of my last posts. Glad Cam was able to help.
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

With you guys to keep the site clean.
Carl
Phyrbird
SOKY