New Member from Germany and question...

New Member Introductions
Oliver

New Member from Germany and question...

Post by Oliver »

Hiya,

my name is Oliver, living near Stuttgart, in the southern part of Germany.

When I was in the army, I got contact to soldiers from the US and from that time on I was interested in classic US weapons.

I found this forum, because I'm interested in the Remington 8/81 & FN 1900 rifles. From the technical and mechanical view, it is an outstanding system and a milestone of rifle development!

Hope to find a good community here to share information, experiences and have discussions about that special topic with people all over the world.

Because, I'm not so deep in this rifle, I have a question to all of you!

I have the opportunity to buy a POE 81 rifle, but without a magazine!
The detachable magazines are hard to find in Europe. If anybody would sell one that would be fine.

The other idea is to use a regular detachable magazine. But, I do not know if a standart magazine or even a Krieger one, will fit and works in a POE rifle?

Can anybody help me with this question?

Many thanks!

Oliver
Hardrada55

Re: New Member from Germany and question...

Post by Hardrada55 »

Oliver, Welcome to the forum! I do not think that a regular magazine or a Krieger conversion type magazine will work on a POE modified Remington Autoloading rifle. I have seen POE magazines for sale maybe once or twice in the past 28 years.
...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
81police

Post by 81police »

Hello and welcome to the forums. Could you share some photos of your rifle with us? It would help us better answer your questions.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Welcome from across the pond, you have good taste in collectables.
Carl
Phyrbird
SOKY
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Thanks a lot for this warm welcome!

I'm a big fan of mechanic developments. The era of steam & steal meant a lot for us mankind in the last two centuries. Of course, the possibilities of our digital world today is another step into future and it is not stoppable - but honestly I like things to grab, to feel, to see how they working, as well as I love recoil.....

I was asked to show the rifle I talked about. So there it is!
If you see the attachments below, you see the rifle, I want to buy. It is a POE rifle and did its service at the Sheriff Dept. Los Angeles County. It is in a brilliant condition, but there is one problem!

Because Germany has banned all high cap magazines over 10 rounds in 2021, the owner has given the 15-round magazine to the authorities. You could hold mags with a higher capacity, but you need an exemption Sadly, I have to say it is near sure, they have destroyed the magazine with other ones.... I know it is unbelievable, but at the moment many things are in a wrong way in Germany.

So, I'm looking for possibilities. I know there was a small charge of POE mags with 10 rounds. But, I know it is nearly impossible to get one.
That is why I thought of if the Krieger ones or a standard magazine would fix in this rifle. I'm no gun smith, so I don't know if the mechanic would work with such a standard magazine, nor if it would hold in the mag chamber or if it is changeable without the removed mag button the POE's have.

Another point is rebuilding a mag. Sounds crazy, but sometimes I'm a guy who gets what I want, does not matter if it is economically viable or not. I have contact to official gun makers, it would be possible to rebuild a "new" mag, but for such a project I need original plans to do that.

Last possibility is buying a POE mag, if somebody, or an auction sells one. I have a cousin in Pennsylvania, so the mag could stay there and I order a exemption at the authorities, to own such a mag for the rifle.

Would be great to start a discussion here at the forum, to see what you all think about and if there is a possibility to find a solution for my problem!

Thank you all!

Oliver

p.s. Will start an extra new point, because not all will come to the "rooky" section :roll:
Attachments
Scannen0005.JPG
Scannen0005.JPG (114.78 KiB) Viewed 691 times
Scannen0004.JPG
Scannen0004.JPG (122.33 KiB) Viewed 691 times
Scannen0003.JPG
Scannen0003.JPG (121.77 KiB) Viewed 691 times
Hibby83

Post by Hibby83 »

Willkommen!

You found the best place to find out more about these ol' long recoil semi-auto's.