“LASD?” 81 Police 81 WITHOUT Markings?

Posts about the Model 81~Woodsmaster~
koz5614

“LASD?” 81 Police 81 WITHOUT Markings?

Post by koz5614 »

Although I have an LASD Model 81, I’m always looking for others. There is a current auction going on GB that contains a Model 81 with the extended magazine. The seller indicates that it is a Los Angeles Sheriff’s Dept gun, as it supposedly falls within the serial number range of rifles procured by that agency. However, there are no police agency markings on the rifle, in fact, the standard “Police Gun Property Of” markings are absent as well. A closer inspection of the “Remington” stamp on the receiver, as well as dished screw holes, seem to indicate a refinish of the receiver. I suspect the agency receiver markings may have been removed after the LASD got rid of it. I’ve seen Police 81s without an agency name, but never saw one without the “Police Gun” markings. I’m hoping Cam or some of the other experts can shed some light on this for me. The opening bid is $7999; that’s way too much for a refinished gun IMHO.
Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year.
81police

Re: “LASD?” 81 Police 81 WITHOUT Markings?

Post by 81police »

Yes the gun has been refinished. And yes, it's 100% a legit LASO Special Police 81.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Hibby83

Re: “LASD?” 81 Police 81 WITHOUT Markings?

Post by Hibby83 »

Is it normal to have no riveted screw? What do you think of the other two holes are for that are low on the receiver?