.30 rem model 8

Place your vintage Remington autoloader photo's here..
Lovetoshoot

.30 rem model 8

Post by Lovetoshoot »

This is my model 8 serial no. 41981 c of coarse I don't use the old gun case , but it shows how old this rifle is.it shoots very well. Hard to find ammo but if anyone can direct me or is there a after market ammo out there I would appreciate it.I am new to this forum but what I seen so far it's awesome.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (248.75 KiB) Viewed 4109 times
Old break down case
Old break down case
image.jpg (245.7 KiB) Viewed 4109 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (222.15 KiB) Viewed 4109 times
Sarge756

Re: .30 rem model 8

Post by Sarge756 »

Welcome. Thanks for the photos of your 8. A little work on the forend (replacement or repair ) and you will be good to go. The metal looks to be not abused with any extra holes so you have a sound example. We have covered here on numerous posts the issue of ammo availability for the 30 Remington. If you have done a "Google or Bing search you have probably found that it is ether not available(Back ordered) from suppliers such as Buffalloarms.com or expensive from auction sites like GunBroker etc.
With any of the obsolete chamberings in the Model 8 the only way that you can assure a supply of ammo is to roll your own. Depending on offerings on line is hit or miss and expensive. Besides, most of what is offered would be in the" collector status" and not only imprudent to shoot from the expense category but because of it`s age may not provide optimum performance from your rifle.
Rolling your own (reloading) is the way to go. The initial outlay for components and reloading equipment does involve an expense but some of those $`s are recovered each reloading cycle. Dependent upon how much you shoot, it doesn`t take long to begin saving $. Many of us on this forum are reloaders and can steer you in the right direction and get you started with components. All you gotta do is ask for assistance. The bottom line is that your old Model 8 is meant to go bang......not hang on a wall. Standing by.

Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
81police

Re: .30 rem model 8

Post by 81police »

I'm told these guys make great quality ammo and that they're worth the wait on backorder...

http://www.buffaloarms.com/30_Remington ... x?CAT=4445
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator