Greetings from Maine

New Member Introductions
TheMaineEvent

Greetings from Maine

Post by TheMaineEvent »

Hey everyone. I'm a Mainer who just brought home a Model 8 today in 30 cal. It caught my eye yesterday at my LGS, and after checking around to make sure the price was right, I went back today and bought it.

It's in good shape (will post pics tomorrow), and as it turns out, my great grandfather owned one. I never knew that until I spoke to my father and he said that he remembered his granddad having one. Pretty cool how you sometimes find that there's some history to an item you buy.

Now that I've cleaned her up I'm on the hunt for ammo, but seems like the common issue with these is the lack of availability. I didn't know finding some was going to be such a challenge, and to make it worse, I don't reload.

I've scoured the internet and don't see any retailers that have any Remington30 ammo in stock, but I did find two retailers who seem to carry it. Are BuffaloArms and Ammo-one the "go-to" places for ammo?

If not, and tips on where to find some ammo would be greatly appreciated. My LGS said they don't carry it and there aren't many gun shows around me.
Silvermino

Re: Greetings from Maine

Post by Silvermino »

Where are you in Maine?

I am in New Hampshire and have several boxes of factory 30REM. We might be able to work something out and meet if it is convenient.

I have no plans to shoot this ammo.

John
TheMaineEvent

Post by TheMaineEvent »

Hey Silvermine. I'm in Kittery so I'm right on the NH border. I really appreciate your offer and would like to try and work something out if it's convenient for you.
Silvermino

Post by Silvermino »

PM sent.

I am about a hour from Kittery. Did you buy the rifle at the Trading Post?
TheMaineEvent

Post by TheMaineEvent »

Got your PM and will reply via PM to you.

Yes, I bought it at The Trading Post. Every once in a while they get an older rifle that peaks my interest and this rifle was one of them. I have my C&R license so I usually buy the older stuff online, but it pays to look at the local stores, too.
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

you are right about that, I found a 1910 Winchester in 401, a German Mauser 11mm single shot bolt action, and a 16ga rolling block shotgun. All but the Winchester were reasonable. Pity there was no cash for that time... :oops:
Phyrbird
SOKY