Checking in from Middle Tennessee

New Member Introductions
Alatheia

Checking in from Middle Tennessee

Post by Alatheia »

I've lurked around for awhile. Finally bought a Model 8. Years ago my wife had a rifle built for me on a small ring Mauser action in 35 Remington. I've always loved that cartridge and it's a perfect woods big game cartridge in my humble opinion. Well you can't do much research on the 35 Rem at all without getting into the Model 8/81. I'm afraid I have the disease. I'm here for counseling.

Looking forward to it.

David
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Roger

Re: Checking in from Middle Tennessee

Post by Roger »

Welcome aboard, you're in the right place if you are into M-8/81 s. Beware though ,that they usually require company for each other. I don't know how many I have now. I'm afraid to count them. If you need any help whatsoever,just ask. There are many knowledgable and helpful members here to assist you. Once again welcome aboard.
Thanks for your time,
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
81police

Post by 81police »

Alatheia,

I'm sorry I can't offer any remedies for your disease. The urge to purchase more will be inevitable. You'll want one of each model, then you'll want one of each caliber. Giving in to these primal desires typically results in a worse off condition than before. HA ;)

We're glad to have ya on the forums :)
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Welcome David.Roll Tide!!! Counseling here pretty much will be the pot calling the kettle black. The "disease" for me continues to spread and I`d be content if it was confined to Model 8`s and 81`s because at least with them the number is limited to those that were produced. Custom Mausers are a whole different animal with several gazillion combinations possible. Then there are the 99 Savages and Winchester Levers and .......well you see where this is going.
Lucky you are to have a 35 Rem in a small ring custom. We agree on that round being about perfect in it or the 8/81.

Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Alatheia

Post by Alatheia »

Roll Tide indeed! I'm a graduate of the University and my father attended there and my grandfather was a graduate from there. It's a disease too like Model 8's and Mausers (I have several of those, 91's and 93's/95's). Then there's broomhandles, and M1 carbines and Ballester Riguad's, you know, various diseases and afflictions.

Sounds like I'm in the right place. :D

David
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Even a Volunteer for the disease, what a martyr - welcome.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine