Barrel Lock screw

Items wanted
h.charlie

Barrel Lock screw

Post by h.charlie »

I'm on the hunt for a barrel locking screw for a model 8 chambered in .25 Remington I do believe that this screw is interchangeable between the 8 and 81 any info as to if this is true would be great or as where to find one. As I don't think paying a guns smith 35 bucks to make a screw the size of .22 short cartridge worth it.
81police

Re: Barrel Lock screw

Post by 81police »

h.charlie,

Are you referring to the barrel lock screw in the side of the receiver or the barrel nut which screws onto the end of the barrel?
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
h.charlie

Post by h.charlie »

I am referring to the one on the side of the receiver, I don't know what thread size it is, if i did I would just turn down a screw to fit. It seems none of my thread gauges fit
81police

Post by 81police »

I'll have a look in my stash after work, I might have one extra. They're out of parts guns so I can't make any promises about how pretty the screwheads are or aren't. Will get with you.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
h.charlie

Post by h.charlie »

thanks a lot, I don't care as long as it works, I am fixing up my grandpas 1913 model 8 in .25 he passed a few years ago and my dad had this gun in his closet so i took it as he didn't even know what it was and letting it rust, sadly I do believe it will need to be re-blued but id rather have a shooting gun, then a wall hanger, As for the screw i think even a Barrel Jacket Plug Screw will work as it can be filed down and thread cut back a little. Thanks for your time and help