Model 8 advertising poster

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
DWalt

Model 8 advertising poster

Post by DWalt »

I ran across what seems to be an authentic advertising poster for the Remington Model 8 at a local antique shop today. It is the one picturing a hunter with a Model 8 in his hands standing behind a campfire and surrounded by six snarling wolves. At the bottom is a drawing of a Model 8 and some wording. I didn't measure it, but would estimate it was about 16" X 24". It was in a wooden frame covered by glass. It looked suitably old and I saw no damage or other indications that it was not original. One other thing was that there was a representation of a frame around the picture of the hunter and wolves. The price tag on it was $75. As I could not examine it closely because it was framed, I have no good way of knowing whether it is likely to be a reproduction or not. If not, I might be tempted to return and buy it. Does anyone know if there were reproductions made of that particular ad poster? And if it is in fact original, would that be a good buy at $75? I should think so, but advertising artwork is definitely not my area.

By the way, I searched through Google images, and could not find a picture of this poster.
remington

Re: Model 8 advertising poster

Post by remington »

Dwalt: I believe the poster is an authentic reproduction original remington 1909 poster it measures 28 1/2" by 19" $75 would be a great buy! They also came as a set with 4 remington prints which one sold on guns international and the price was $600. Anyway below is a link that may help you decide on it? http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-4-AUTHENTIC ... 7675.l2557
DWalt

Post by DWalt »

That is definitely the image, thanks for the information. I guess it was too much to hope that it was an original, but I did suspect it was a likely to be a reproduction mainly because it looked old, but not 100 years old. I think I'll let it age in the shop for awhile longer.
Pitchy

Post by Pitchy »

That`s one i haven`t seen, neat poster and reminds me what we are experiencing with wolves here now. :roll:
A lot of water under the bridge good and bad,
Bad when i did it my way, Good when i did it Gods way.

USAF-72-76