Model 81 Carbine

Posts about the Model 81~Woodsmaster~
Dennis B

Model 81 Carbine

Post by Dennis B »

I read with great interest the post on the M8 carbine and thought I’d post some pictures of my 16.5 inch barrel M81 “carbine”.

Dennis.

81police

Re: Model 81 Carbine

Post by 81police »

Just when you thought you had seen everything, lol. Thanks for sharing Dennis. Can you tell us some info or history about the conversion?
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Dennis B

Post by Dennis B »

I have no idea who made this carbine. I’ve had it for 10-12 years and have been able to learn little about it. I don’t remember for sure but I believe I picked it up off the used rack at my local gun shop or maybe Cabela’s. I do know I like it as I do most all of the classic Browning designed guns.

Actually I’ve learned more about this gun from this Forum than any other source so far.

Dennis.
2verpsters

Post by 2verpsters »

Well, that was an awesome find. Like 81Police said, just when we thought we had seen it all. I just started making these after trying it out on my 8 in 25Rem. I sent you a pm, would like to get in touch with you to talk about it sometime.
Dennis B

Post by Dennis B »

Packmule wrote:does it still have the roll marks on the barrel jacket? Could you send somemore pics to me up close thanks Pack
j5hunting@sbcglobal.net

The roll marks are still there. What would you like for pictures?

Dennis.
Dennis B

Post by Dennis B »

2verpsters wrote:Well, that was an awesome find. Like 81Police said, just when we thought we had seen it all. I just started making these after trying it out on my 8 in 25Rem. I sent you a pm, would like to get in touch with you to talk about it sometime.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned in my close to 40 years of being a gun nut, (I started when I was two ;) :roll: ) there just isn’t much you can do that hasn’t been done before.

Replied to your PM.

Dennis.