My Mod. 81's.

Place your vintage Remington autoloader photo's here..
fatwilly

My Mod. 81's.

Post by fatwilly »

I have owned these rifles since the early 70's. My son has another of mine, all in .300 Savage and all in 98%
These are shooters and recoil every bit as much as my M1a Springfield im .308 !
fatwilly

Re: My Mod. 81's.

Post by fatwilly »

Somehow my pic didn't load. I'll try again.
Hardrada55

Post by Hardrada55 »

Those are really nice 81s! Excellent condition. The .300s do kick a bit, don't they.
...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
fatwilly

Post by fatwilly »

Yes, they do. I have developed a shoulder condition from shooting these babies and my 7.62's over 45 years. I have Rem M700's that I've owned for way too many years and have probably run at least 25,000 rounds of .300 sav and .308 in the last 15 years. Its gotten to the point that I have to make a choice between my need to stay current or to stay healthy. Its hard to choose.
My M1a isn't quite as bad as the 81's but it takes too long to recover from any of them. I built a 250 yard range on my land a few years ago but can't shoot enough to make the maintainance worth while. I also have a mod700 that I was able to take with me when I retired from the Navy 22 years ago. I may have to sell them all if I can no longer shoot them.

telle est la vie.