Some Patents

big al

Some Patents

Post by big al »

Hello
After reading the Great artcile on the site about FBI model 81's I thought of this patent I found a while ago. It is patent 2,425,434 filed dec14,1943 and patented Aug 12,1947 by Crawford C. Loomis a Remington employee. It is a two part firing pin and a support piece to hold the rear piece in the bolt. In the article "Identifying the Late Type FBI Model 81" That Remington specifications changed too
"- FIRING PIN – a new type which superseded the standard one piece unit. This part has not been observed by the author"
Since this patent was filed around the time that Remington was producing or getting ready to produce the second batch of FBI model 81's could this be the firing pin in the above changes? Has anyone evr seen on of these firing pins in a late 81.
The last patent is also by Crawford c Loomis 1,858,862 filed jan 19 1931 and patented may 17,1932 is for the two magazine side springs.
big al

imfuncity

Re: Some Patents

Post by imfuncity »

As per days of old... you do bring interesting stuff to the table. Thanks
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
big al

Post by big al »

Thanks for the kind words imfuncity
big al
81police

Post by 81police »

I have the firing pin patent but have never seen the side spring patent. Thanks Big Al!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator