Disassembly and reassembly of the Model 8

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
ctgodog

Disassembly and reassembly of the Model 8

Post by ctgodog »

Well,......I spent the day correcting a mistake on my part with my Grandpa's M8 30 Rem. I tried to remove one of the side screws, without disassembling the rifle in the correct manner, and released the bolt carrier latch. Had to take it completely apart and learn how to reassemble all the parts in the receiver. Interesting to say the least. Took the opportunity to thoroughly clean the entire rifle. Put it all back together, and it seemed to work just fine, for awhile. Then the bolt release lever quit releasing the the bolt. Had to take it apart again, and reposition the bolt carrier latch with the bolt carrier latch spring. It has to be over and engaged with the spring. Now,....I understand how that all works. Put it back together, and everything is working just fine. Turns out the two screws over the trigger assembly are simply studs that hold all the bolt latch and bolt release parts on the receiver housing. All in all, it was a very instructive day.

I understand a lot more about these rifles now.....very simple, once you understand what each part is for, and where it goes.

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
texassako

Re: Disassembly and reassembly of the Model 8

Post by texassako »

I found this video very helpful when it came learning how to disassemble the reciever: http://youtu.be/KK761eQ_cTo
ctgodog

Re: Disassembly and reassembly of the Model 8

Post by ctgodog »

I looked at that video tesassako, but I found this a little more detailed and helpful....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/buster_cha ... 42/detail/

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]