Website additions

81police

Website additions

Post by 81police »

Hey y'all,

We've added a couple new sections to the homepage. One page for the F.B.I. Model 81 and another with the 2011 Blue Book values. The F.B.I. page is not definitive so if anyone has questions or comments please email me. Links are below as well...

The F.B.I. Model 81's
http://thegreatmodel8.remingtonsociety.com/?page_id=867

2011 Blue Book Values
http://thegreatmodel8.remingtonsociety.com/?page_id=990

Next week we'll also have 2 new videos in the "Disassembly Video" section with Bob from Circle B Ranch demonstrating proper barrel assembly takedown using the spanner wrench and his Pro-Tools set. They're great tutorials.

Hope y'all enjoy it! God bless.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
imfuncity

Re: Website additions

Post by imfuncity »

NOW you add it, just after I bought the Blue Book...! Actually, I DO 'preciate the new stuff you've been adding. Thanks
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

Cam, sounds great. I will look forward to Bob's Disassembly Video. I have a set of his Pro Tools but have yet to try them out. Dennis
81police

Post by 81police »

Alright, we've added both of Bob's barrel takedown videos (thanks Bob!) under "Disassembly VIDEOS" or linked below...

http://thegreatmodel8.remingtonsociety.com/?page_id=842

In the "F.B.I. Model 81" page we've got some great photo comparisons. Be sure to check them out.

Thank y'all.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Outstanding job on the takedown procedure videos. Will look forward to the assembly video to follow. Thanks Bob, for taking the time to put these together. Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

What sarge said +1. tks
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Howdy,

These take down videos are some great additions to the forum. It is good to see another face that goes with the name. Bob, you have done a great job with the videos but I am not surprised at the quality. It would stand to reason that anything you put tgether is going to be a first class product. I have used your spanner wrench many times and when used as you describe it works great. I know it was never meant to be a "pry bar" to get some of those frozen parts apart. I have to get your other Pro tools one of these days. My very best to you and I hope you are enjoying your time away.

Regards,

Jack
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Howdy,

Cam, you have done a great job on the articles. I appreciate your efforts and the information broadens our knowledge base. Thanks for including pictures of my FBI model in your article. I wish you could get additional pictures of some of the other variants.

I really have to study the "Blue-Book" article to see the impact on the collection. After that Rock Island Auction on May 20-22, I don't know whether we can rely on Blue Book values any longer. I know as a result of that auction, the value of my collection jumped significantly.

Keep up the good wwork and if I can be of assistance, all you have to do is give me a call.

Regards,

Jack
sighthound

Post by sighthound »

Jim and Bob's disassembly videos are the greatest and must add my Thanks and Appreciation to these Gentlemen for producing and sharing their hard earned and learned information. Takes the mystery and much of the fear out of screwing up something up beyond repair and Thank You Cam for making it possible for viewing access to this and other valuable information on this forum.
Thoughts on Blue Book pricing: Buyer beware, if use these as a guide, you are not likely to recover your investment should you want to sell. These, in my view are store retail pricing and should you sell to a dealer, you likely will receive about 65% of listed values. Auction sales incurr commissions and fees for sellers, shipping and FFL receiving fees to buyers. Gun show prices are negotible in most cases, private sales are good unless seller in trying to get Blue Book values or in some cases just trying to get even.
Gun shows in the past were just that, events where collectors gathered to display (show and tell) with one another, do some trading, buying and selling to enhance their respective collections. Dollar value was secondary, history, appreciation of items was paramount and admission paying public was not allowed access during first hours of show. Most shown now would be more accurately advertised as public Gun Sales.
This forum is in large part what shows once were, intrested person again have a means to converse, exchange ideas and information and all are able to grow and improve both themselves and their collections.
Best Regards, Jerry
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Very interesting observation -
Gun shows in the past were just that, events where collectors gathered to display (show and tell) with one another, do some trading, buying and selling to enhance their respective collections. Dollar value was secondary, history, appreciation of items was paramount and admission paying public was not allowed access during first hours of show. Most shows now would be more accurately advertised as public Gun Sales.

I had no idea, coming into this late... I have often joked with the vendors at the show that I wasn't sure if the shows were for them or for us! :o
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
81police

Post by 81police »

The Model 8 & 81 values are from the 31st Edition of the Blue Book of Gun Values. They have certainly gone up over the last few years, but these are just estimates used as a guideline for value. The RIA auction showed us some high prices, especially on the higher grade rifles.

I'm in agreement with y'all, Bob did a SUPER job on the disassembly videos, we're very thankful :D
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator