30 Rem Ammo

Posts about the Model 8
ctgodog

30 Rem Ammo

Post by ctgodog »

My gun store owner/ neighbor called me this morning....said he had some 30 Rem factory loaded ammo that a guy brought in because his rifle was stolen, and he didn't need it anymore. I went down to the store and checked it out......seven boxes of 170 gr-soft point, green boxes...all in like new condition. Bought all seven boxes @ $20 a box!!!! Probably won't need to reload for awhile.

Clint
[b][color=#0040FF]Time is the Essence of Life, Wine, and Great Guns[/color][/b]
imfuncity

Re: 30 Rem Ammo

Post by imfuncity »

Time to go by that lotto ticket - you just hit a jackpot, there has got to be another!

Great neighbor to have, he'll keep you broke but happy. Tell him I could use a... :roll:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

You did well and didn`t have to pay shipping.Yes I`m back again.No Lotto winnings this week so, the mountain top will have to wait. My three boxes came in this afternoon and they look very good, I may be able to bypass the press for awhile too. Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Happy for yas Sarge.

After what you two have got, I'm inspired to throw off my winter's sleep (34 this morning but 71 this afternoon) and stir around in a couple of shops. :D
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
kenhwind

Post by kenhwind »

For $20 a box I would consider buying some just because, and then find a rifle. I know this is backwards, bit what the heck.
I do have some loose rounds in my collection of cartridges.
KEN