Parts differences 3 and last

Posts about the Model 8
big al

Parts differences 3 and last

Post by big al »

Safety and safety rocker
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb30 ... ocker9.jpg

Hope you like the post and it is not to long.
Allen
30Gov03

Re: Parts differences 3 and last

Post by 30Gov03 »

A most interesting comparison of early and late parts!
Thanks for sharing this.

Jim
big al

Post by big al »

Thanks Packmule, Jim and 81 police.for the kind words and glad you guys found it interesting.
Thanks for the heads up on the differences in or mods to the parts for the removable magazine rifles barrel lock 81 police.
I never even thought about them having to modify that part to keep from loseing it when changeing magazines, but it does make sense.
Thanks again
Allen (Big Al)
81police

Post by 81police »

I never even thought about them having to modify that part to keep from loseing it when changeing magazines, but it does make sense.
I'll post pictures sometime Al, but you are right. If the barrel lock is not either pinned or been modified w/ an internal screw (or a similar fashion) the barrel lock can just fall out when the magazine is removed. This is why when you look at many POEC 8 rifles, their barrel lock screw has been drilled in the center and a pin installed, over time I guess Remington decided it would be better to make the screw crossed drilled and double side which is what i've noticed on Special Police 81's. The Krieger's are very similar. Thanks again for great posts!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator