Is this for category guns only?

Other great Remington rifles
gramps35

Is this for category guns only?

Post by gramps35 »

Has anyone noticed how many personal grooming products the Remington name is attached too? Walking through a store the other day and I saw cordless shavers, hair curlers, nose hair trimmers etc.

Do they make these or do they license out the name to someone else?
Hardrada55

Re: Is this for category guns only?

Post by Hardrada55 »

...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Good question.

Thanks, Hardrada55 - what ever did we do before Wikipedia & Google?
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
gramps35

Post by gramps35 »

Thanks for the link Hardrada55. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Still, I find it kind of funny that the makers of hunting rifles and ammo also makes hair dryers. :lol:

"That's a nice buck Bob"
"Thanks. He got a little wet dragging him back to camp, so once I got him home I pulled out my Remington 1500 watt HD and dried him off good before skinning him."

I do have a set of Remington binoculars. I don't know how old they are, but they still work great.
DWalt

Post by DWalt »

Remington made lots of things that weren't guns, such as typewriters, office equipment, and cutlery. I have a very nice 1930's carving set (stainless knife, fork and sharpening steel) in an art deco bakelite case, with Remington-duPont stamped on the knife blade and the box.

Winchester, during the post-WWI period, operated a chain of hardware stores, and there are all sorts of tools, sporting goods, etc., even radiators, stamped Winchester - all are very valuable and highly collectible.

In Europe, Mauser Werke made a wide variety of non-gun items such as measuring instruments, tools, adding machines, sewing machines, hair clippers, and even automobiles in the post-WWI period, and these are very difficult to find today and command premium prices if you are lucky enough to find something.

One of the most sought-after Ruger collectibles is a hand drill - Ruger's first product.

Colt made all sorts of industrial equipment and machinery.

These are just a few examples showing that any gun company can make about anything else mechanical, and many have done just that. In reverse, one of the largest small arms makers during WWII was General Motors. There are many collectors out there looking for any non-gun items made by gunmakers.