Scope side mount question on a model 81

Ask about your Model 8 & 81
jayzbird

Scope side mount question on a model 81

Post by jayzbird »

Looking to see if anyone has any idea what mount would line up with these screw holes? I bought the gun without the mount. Also, does anyone know where I can buy a reproduction stock or possibly a used one for the same gun? The stock was shortened by a previous owner and I's like to get it back to stock length. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

brian.35

Re: Scope side mount question on a model 81

Post by brian.35 »

Hi jayzbird,
There are pictures of several different side mounts in the gallery section.
http://thegreatmodel8.remingtonsociety. ... &gallery=9
Picture #19 shows a Weaver T8 that looks like it might be what you are looking for.

Brian
jayzbird

Post by jayzbird »

Thanks Brian! That looks to be the one for sure. Now.....where to source a T-8 mount and a stock????
81police

Post by 81police »

the scope mount you may keep your eye on Ebay or gunbroker. Modern reproduction stocks I'd talk to Remcrazy here on the forums. Here's his email, circlebranch@cox.net
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
jayzbird

Post by jayzbird »

I have been looking all day for anything on the internet regarding the "T8" Weaver mount to no avail. Can anyone tell me more about them? I keep seeing the newer 4 screw mount that Weaver still has for them but nothing that resembles the "T8". Any help greatly appreciated... BTW, I emailed Remcrazy hoping to get a nice stock set from him, thing is I need a buttplate now because the one I have on the gun now is a weatherchecked rubber one from years ago.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Patience is going to be necessary. I try to keep an eye out for mounts as I have several rifles w/ extra holes but I have never seen the one you are looking for. That doesn't mean it's not out there just that it is likely to take awhile to find it.

As a long shot you might try calling Weaver:
Onalaska Operations
N5549 County Trunk Z
Onalaska, WI 54650
1-800-635-7656
tech.expert@atk.com

A couple of years ago they helped me out on a mount that had been discontinued for over 50 years. I was transferred to an older lady who had the information on an old imformation sheet in the bottom drawer - literally. :shock:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
jayzbird

Post by jayzbird »

Thanks for the info imfuncity. I did just that and contacted Weaver via e-mail yesterday. They responded quickly, which was nice, but said the mount had been discontinued many years ago. They said that the mount they currently have for it will mount to the same screw holes. (I am doubting this though.) Anyways, I emailed a guy that had a bunch of Weaver stuff on ebay and he said that he may have something for me. As of right now we are working on figuring out if actually does or not. To be continued......