Tulsa Gun Show

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
jack1653

Tulsa Gun Show

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Guy's,

I have made reservations for the Tulsa Gun Show this spring for April 5-7. If any of you are planning on attending, maybe we can meet and catch up on what we have been doing. Just let me know and I will give you some contact information. My email address is “jack1653@att.net”. I will be staying at the Marriott Hotel in south Tulsa.

My last trip was a few years ago and I had a bad attack of “jackitis” and came home with way too many Remingtons and FN rifles. I hope that I can avoid the temptations but won’t be surprised if I can’t. I will try to see Bob and Corey Creamer at their booth and get some updates from them.

I hope to see you at the show. God Bless and stay safe.

Kindest Regards,

jack1653
Roger

Re: Tulsa Gun Show

Post by Roger »

Hey Jack,
My son and I were hoping to return to the show in April. We attended the last 2 November shows. But Kathy is having surgery around that time,and I had knee surgery a few weeks ago and haven’t fully recovered yet. Would love to see you,but I don’t believe it will happen this spring. My son Blair and I hope to attend again in November. I’ve been in contact with Brian and Corey quite a bit over the last couple years, and I’m sure that they will also be glad to see you. Have a great trip and think of me as you pour over all those beautiful guns. We picked up some great pieces last November. The highlight of my collection is the Bob Creamer FN 1900 I got from them last year
Thanks for your time
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Hibby83

Post by Hibby83 »

Enjoy the show Jack. I'm sure the conversations and looking around will be worth the trip, even if you can't find anything to buy.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hey Hibby, asking a collector like Jack,or I for that matter, to attend the Tulsa Gunshow without buying anything is like asking a child at Christmas not to eat any cookies or candy! I understand your thoughts though. Watch out for Jackitus my friends!
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Yea verily. Been to 2 Cave city shows in the last 3 mo. Have been fortunate to sell or trade items. The return of the funds spent paid for Santa. But my Bro put us to shame. Cobbled a table late on a Saturday, Sold 4 of his & one of his twin's. Blew us all out of the water..... :shock:
For me I was lucky to find a Colt 22 (98%) & a springfield in my favorite big bore. :D I LIKE double stacks. :twisted: Less changing mags
Then the "step"bro got a 9mm revolver & a near new Sav 12g. It's been furious at the Cave.
Wish they had more reloading though.
Retail loading is the pits.....
Phyrbird
SOKY
Hibby83

Post by Hibby83 »

How was the show?

I hope y'all had a good time!
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Hibby,

The show was good as expected but there were fewer 8,81 and FN’s than in past years. I saw one 81-D grade in great condition but was priced to high for me at $10,500.00. Corey Creamer said it has been at the show the last three years. I saw two 81’s in 300 Savage with sticker price of $1500 each. One had been tapped on left side of receiver. When I found out the guy was going to charge 10% tax and file paperwork it was no longer attractive so I passed. The other 8’s were below average and I was not tempted.

I had to sit several times because of a broken ankle back in October. I thought I could make the rounds but the surgery on the right ankle beat me. I was able to see Richard Jones, Mike Rowe, Stephen Coker, Brian and Corey Creamer. It was good to talk with these men and we exchanged stories about the rifles.

Regards,

jack1653
Hibby83

Post by Hibby83 »

Thanks for the Tulsa report Jack.

There can't be too many other D grade 81's you haven't seen.hah

Happy to hear you got out and saw some friends.
81police

Post by 81police »

I was bummed to miss the show, the guns being one things but seeing friends like y'all was the real bummer part. Sounds like it was a good time none-the-less!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hey Cameron,
I felt just like you about missing the Tulsa show. But maybe we can make it to the November show later this year. I always want to go there ,but sometimes there are conflicts in our lives that make it difficult to get there. I’m hoping that my youngest son and I can figure out a way to get there in November.
Thanks for your time
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com