81 with tang peep sight, and marbles rear and front

Posts about the Model 81~Woodsmaster~
uhjohnson

81 with tang peep sight, and marbles rear and front

Post by uhjohnson »

i am looking to buy an 81 with an R-6 peep and a marbles front and rear sight. would marbles be sights that came from the factory

thanks
[b]Member of Berwyn Rod and Gun Club since 1983, it is an outdoor range located in Bowie Maryland, if interested in joining call 301-261-7515 or 301-464-9830[/b]

You don't pay too much, you pay too soon
81police

Re: 81 with tang peep sight, and marbles rear and front

Post by 81police »

they could have come new with factory installed sights yes. There is no real way to know if it was installed by Remigton or after it left the factory.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
ROBOPUMP

Post by ROBOPUMP »

I just picked up this tang peep sight yesterday and thought it was a real bargain for the condition and with apeture and mounting screw, box and papers.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =193045816

I think this guy could have gotten a lot more for it if he had not made it a one day auction. I'm sure many of you guys never saw it out there.

The price on these varies greatly. Look at what a used worn one sells for on Ebay without apeture or mounting screw.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LYMAN-Tang-Sight-1A ... 2a09ced502

Also notice the one currently on auction up to $96.00 already.

I know the one I bought is Marbles and the ones on Ebay are Lyman, but I have not seen any price difference in the past on these.

Let me know if you think I got a bargain.

ROBOPUMP
ROBOPUMP

Post by ROBOPUMP »

Be sure to scroll down on the Ebay site. Yes, that's right $306.51.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

You done good for sure! You are right, never saw it and I've been watching. Have noticed that the commieBay ones seem to be lined in gold. :shock:
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
rem81auto

Post by rem81auto »

The $306.51 sight sale IMHO was a perfect storm for the seller. I think 2 guys that had to have it got into a pissin contest. I watch some auctions and they seem to end in the $125.00 price point on average.