model 8 on GB??

Posts about the Model 8
uhjohnson

model 8 on GB??

Post by uhjohnson »

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =190923603. i have only been into the 8/81's for three weeks now. i got my first 81 on auction arms and paid a little too much for it, granted it is nice, now i want an 8 and see this one now, it looks good for 102 years old, judging from the poor photos. the only thing wrong according to the seller is the front sight is not original. what do you guys see wrong, i hope i can list on going auctions
[b]Member of Berwyn Rod and Gun Club since 1983, it is an outdoor range located in Bowie Maryland, if interested in joining call 301-261-7515 or 301-464-9830[/b]

You don't pay too much, you pay too soon
imfuncity

Re: model 8 on GB??

Post by imfuncity »

I too like his price, even his buy now is good. I like what I see but what does he really have? The best we can do on auctions is go by pictures and the sellers word. I have done well on auctions but as with this one you need close-up pictures to better know what's what. I wish you luck on it.

No worries, I will not be bidding; he is hiding behind the NCSV (No CA Sales Virus). A lot of sellers on GB think we have the plague out here, therefore they ban us because "others have" - it's their bottom line that gets hurt.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
81police

Post by 81police »

It's like Mitch said, it's hard to tell anything w/out better close up pictures, especially the left side of the receiver. Looks well used but mostly original.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
uhjohnson

Post by uhjohnson »

is there suppose to be another serial number just in front of the receive on the barrel collar and at the distance the photo was taken, it appears the forearm tip has been worked on
[b]Member of Berwyn Rod and Gun Club since 1983, it is an outdoor range located in Bowie Maryland, if interested in joining call 301-261-7515 or 301-464-9830[/b]

You don't pay too much, you pay too soon