newly mfg barrel nuts and washers

Items for sale or trade
Schofield

newly mfg barrel nuts and washers

Post by Schofield »

I am in the process of manufacturing new Barrel nuts and washers for the 35 Remington Model 8 and 81. I have had two prototype Barrel nuts manufactured for my own gun and they work flawlessly. I will machine whatever serration on the nuts and washers is required for your gun. Pricing is estimated to be around $35 plus shipping for the nut however it depends on response and how many we will make as we will make them all at once on CNC equipment. Any of you wishing to purchase these please leave me a note so I can get an idea of how many will we we'll have to make.Thanks, Curt
Last edited by Schofield on Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MinnesotaDan

Re: newly mfg barrel nuts and washers

Post by MinnesotaDan »

I would like the nut and washer as I believe that the 35 Rem barrel nut/washer is the same as on the 300 Savage. Someone, please let me know if that is incorrect. (Obviously I need nut/washer for a 300 Savage).Thanks.
cantgrowup

Post by cantgrowup »

I, too, would like to buy a .35 Rem nut and washer (and according to the Henwood book, it is the same for the .300 Sav). I would also be interested in a barrel nut and washer combo for the .25/.30/.32 Rem in the mid-length (with 24 or 40 tooth configuration), if you choose to manufacture a set for those also.
Schofield

Post by Schofield »

Thanks guys for your interest.I tried a pm to a couple of you and it would not send. I am having e-mail trouble.as I stated in my first post, I have to let the post run for some time to get as many orders as I can to keep cost down. Setting up to run 3 or 4 would be quite expensive.Please bear with me for several days. Thanks, Curt.
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Curt,
A suggestion: the barrel nut washers have 2 tooth patterns to my knowledge. (Members correct if I'm wrong)
I have one or two with no serrations, one was in service, now replaced. If possible I'd appreciate your running them through the CNC mill to get them right.
Plus It could save time & be more cost effective if your washers could be machined one one side for the coarse pattern & the other side for the fine pattern. Making set up for only 2 pieces, the small ID for the 25-30-32 Rem & the other for the larger ID 35 Rem & 300 Sav. Two products to cover all the options. Blueing could be optional.
I too am out of the larger size (thread) barrel nuts. I think you can count on one for me.
Lastly, I am considering an optional add on for our Ladies. Would you be interested in a collaboration? If so I'd be glad to do some email or phone to discuss it.
Carl
Phyrbird
SOKY
Schofield

Post by Schofield »

pm sent to phyrbird
Schofield

Post by Schofield »

Guys I'm sorry but there was not enough response for me to justify making the barrel nuts. I really needed a dozen or so orders to make it worth the cost of setting up and running on a cnc machining center. I will continue watching my post for more interest. Thanks.
kenhwind

Post by kenhwind »

How many so far?
If it will help others out I'll buy one too.
KEN
Schofield

Post by Schofield »

only have 3 ordered, need 12-15 to make it happen.
canuck

Post by canuck »

I just saw this - if you are willing to ship to Kanada, I'd be in for a couple
cantgrowup

Post by cantgrowup »

I'd already put in a request for a nut and washer. Do you have any idea of what they would cost per set if you get the 12-15 order? I may order two to help you make the minimum.
Schofield

Post by Schofield »

We have decided to make the nut and washer in sets (one nut and one washer).we will make the washer with the number of serrations you specify.(one side only). the cost of each set will be $52.00 ea.plus shipping. each set will be unblued. as mentioned in my earlier post I will need a minimum of 12 sets in order to proceed with manufacturing. thanks for being patient.
Schofield

Post by Schofield »

Surely some of you want a set of barrel but and washer.come on guys!
cantgrowup

Post by cantgrowup »

I'm in for a set. How do we order?
Schofield

Post by Schofield »

still have only 3 requests for orders. please read previous post, need 12 each.
cantgrowup

Post by cantgrowup »

Schofield....

I had been trying to determine the actual barrel thread sizes on another post, and someone just reminded me that you were going to possibly try and manufacture barrel nuts and probably know what sizes the threads are. Do you know what the thread dimensions are for the barrel nuts that you are considering making? I know that they are without a doubt 24 threads per inch, but the size is between 9/16" (too large) and 1/2" (too small), because I had bought both sizes in dies and taps to chase the "buggered up" threads on my Model 8 .30 Rem barrel. My gunsmith had to mount the barrel in his lathe and chase the threads using a 17/32" x 24 tpi setting.
grendel_45

Post by grendel_45 »

I'm no expert, but I now have a 1910 Model 8 in 35 Remington...in the process of carefully taking this apart...
I would love to get a set of barrel-not/washer for this gun...please add me to the list...I think my PM is available...if not it's rwhuff@garlic.com

please let me know
grendel_45

Post by grendel_45 »

i take it this is NOT happening ?!?...i already requested a set and have heard nothing...
Hibby83

Post by Hibby83 »

You can put me on the list.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Put me down for a nut/washer set for a .35 Rem too.
Schofield

Post by Schofield »

Sorry I've been gone so long guys, but I had the dreaded covid and some other issues going on. concerning the 35 rem barrel nut and washer, It looks like six or maybe seven requests. As I stated before I need 12 orders to make it affordable. I will continue to watch this post for more requests. Thanks, Curt
Konga

Post by Konga »

Curt,
I would like a barrel nut & washer set for a model 81 in 35 Remington. Thank you.
Schofield

Post by Schofield »

Looks like about 8 requests now. need 4 more.
LyingBastard

Post by LyingBastard »

Well then, add me to the list. :shock: :D
Trepang

Post by Trepang »

Please add me to the list.

.35 Rem Washer & Nut, Model 8/81
dewball55

Post by dewball55 »

I'll take two in .35. hope this helps!
Intellivore

Post by Intellivore »

Add me to the list, too!

1 set, please!
Schofield

Post by Schofield »

Looks like we have enough orders to proceed with mfg.I will be back online in a few days to let you all know when they will be ready. If anyone else wants a set please let me know asap. Thanks for your patience! Curt
jimda1

Post by jimda1 »

Please add me to the list. I actually only need the washer, but if only available in a set, I'll do it.
35 Remington Auto Loading Rifle 4 digit serial number. If you need email, it's jimdartz@gmail.com
Irish_32709

Post by Irish_32709 »

I'd like to be added to the list too, please!
Irish_32709

Post by Irish_32709 »

Any updates?
LyingBastard

Post by LyingBastard »

I have not been in the site for ages, but if you are still taking orders I could use one set of each.

Thanks!
canuck

Post by canuck »

And I'm still interested in two if you will deal with the shipping to Canada
Cheers!
remcrazy

Post by remcrazy »

:) Are you still making/selling the barrel nuts for the 35? If so, can I still order two?
Regards,
Remcrazy
shootzandlatters

Post by shootzandlatters »

I know this post is 3 1/2 years old but I also need a barrel nut washer for a model 81 in 35 Rem cal mfg date 1946. I'm an FFL and gunsmith in Tennessee. My email is shootzandlatters@aol.com
If you need them I can give you ID and OD dimensions. Repairing a rifle for a customer.
Thanks.
Keith
9.3shooter

Post by 9.3shooter »

The washers seem to be made of unobtanium! I am still looking as well. I have asked at least a dozen or more online parts sellers, no luck.