Hello from Bordeaux

New Member Introductions
jeanch

Hello from Bordeaux

Post by jeanch »

Hello to all from Bordeaux, France
A friend inherited a FN 1900 that is in poor condition because it was probably buried during the war (or wars ?)… but it still has a great appeal and I am tempted to buy it from him ! I am charmed by this gun that I didn't know of before… :) I will post pictures when I have made some. This gun is missing internal parts of the magazine so I will ask the group also if someone could help. I will post an add in the appropriate section.
Cheers
jean charles
Hardrada55

Re: Hello from Bordeaux

Post by Hardrada55 »

Jean Charles, Welcome to the forum! We would very much like to see the pictures of your friends FN 1900. Finding internal parts of the magazine may be difficult. Someone with more knowledge of the subject will have to give their opinion as to whether internal parts of the magazine of the Remington Model 8 are interchangeable with those parts of the FN 1900. Good Luck to you and your friend. WLS
...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Jean,
Welcome, good luck on the parts. You may find them easier on the European market. I also suggest a review of the FN 1900 page on this home site. It's informative,just not that detailed on the magazine...
Phyrbird
SOKY
Fred

Post by Fred »

Welcome aboard, Jean. Importing and exporting firearms-related parts is tricky as the parts may fall under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) umbrella. I believe that I cannot mail you a basic Model 8 wood fore-end or simple butt-plate without facing felony charges for exporing firearms parts. You would likely have to consult a licensed exporter/importer to handle the transaction if you do find the magazine parts you're looking for. Sorry to be a killjoy, but that's the world we live in.

To be honest, the magazine follower and spring could likely be fabricated with minimal fuss, especially if the original pieces were in suitable condition to use as a template.

I look forward to pictures of a rare FN 1900 with some "character." ;)
81police

Post by 81police »

Welcome! I 2nd the previous posts that we would love to see your FN and I would love to add it's serial number to our database. :mrgreen:
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
jeanch

Post by jeanch »

Thank you for the welcome words, and sorry for my late answer, I was away for a few days..
I have posted the pictures in the FN1900 section. As for the parts I am certain the magazine are interchangeable beween the model 8 and FN. You are right that maybe shipping a full magazine could be a problem but just the spring and plate should be possible. Anyhow it was just in case somebody had these parts somewhere… I thought I should ask, we never know with some luck… in the meantime my friend built a custom plate and spring…. but it needs adjustment... it jams all the time ! :D