Hello from British Columbia

New Member Introductions

Hello from British Columbia

Post by 117 »

My grandfather traded his winchester to his buddy in 1909 for a Remington auto-loading rifle in 35 Remington. Has been in our family ever since.

Great sight with a lot of information, nice to see so many people using and enjoying these great firearms.
kenhwind

Re: Hello from British Columbia

Post by kenhwind »

Welcome.
Like an old rock band or movie star these Remington's have a clique following, we only have 5 of them.
We have one that was my dad's although he didn't buy it new its been in the family since my brother and I were tots, so it has sentimental value, and it is a Model 8-C in .35 Remington.
KEN
Hibby83

Post by Hibby83 »

Hello

Welcome to the forum! Nice story on the rifle, I bet its made a lot of good memories over the years. Look forward to seeing it on here sometime in the future.

Luke

Post by 117 »

My grandfather put the rifle in a closet for over 40 years, then gave it to my father who put it away in a closet for over 50 years. Until about 8 years ago I had seen it fire only a single round.

I’ve fired about 25 rounds out of it recently, more than it has seen in almost a hundred years. It certainly is a joy to shoot.
81police

Post by 81police »

As Wind in His Hair said in Dances with Wolves...."good trade"!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Hibby83

Post by Hibby83 »

I imagine I speak for most here when I say "let's see that C grade MODEL 8"
ranman

Post by ranman »

Welcome, the model 8 you have should be a real head turner at the range. Enjoy using the great model 8!

Post by 117 »

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthrea ... ding-Rifle

Hope the link works, I can’t seem to get the picture thing figured out, but my good buddy on Vancouver Island seems to have a handle on it.

Enjoy the pics of our old family rifle, and, the pic of the black bear it took this spring ain’t to bad either.
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

The HuntingBC site requires a registration to get at pics, thought you should know. A way to pump up members, they should consider a viewable alternative, not just lock everyone out.
I'll try it out, just saying.
Carl
Update: REg worked; a nice lady, still got her stuff, Congrats on the bear. Wish I could have some luck with our local coyotes.
Phyrbird
SOKY

Post by 117 »

My apologies, maybe I’ll post pics in a new thread. Might take a bit to figure out how to do it.

Always wanted to take a bear with it, now I’m thinking a moose might be nice 8)