Police Model

Place your vintage Remington autoloader photo's here..
jack1653

Police Model

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Guys,

I have finally joined the ranks of the few that have a Model 81 Police Model. It was the one listed on Gun Broker a few weeks back. It is not perfect, but I am totaly satisfied with the purchase. I have fixed the bolt handle and will be replacing the buggered screw. The magazine isn't numbered to the rifle and someone sometime put the engraving on the magazine. The overall condition of wood and metal is really pretty good.

jack1653
Last edited by jack1653 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gramps35

Re: Police Model

Post by gramps35 »

Nice rifle, I like the Property Of engraving on the side. She looks like she needs a little internal cleaning, but other than that she's a beauty.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Nice one and great markings. You struck gold again. How's 'bout a vid of how she shoots?
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Mitch,

Funny you should ask for a video. I am working on a project at the present time to have a video made of the 4 rifles that I have which have the POE magazines. I have been talking with Cam on what would be an ideal video. There is a young man in my area that does professional videography for all kinds of outdoor activity. While he specializes in underwater fishing shots, he is willing to venture into the world of shooting. I have met with him to arrange a filming and all I am waiting on is for Pete to mail my carbine and then I will start the experiment of shooting and filming. The filming is quite expesnsive at $150.00 per minute, but I think it will be worth the expense. I'll be sure to notify the readers when it is done and when I post it.

I am waiting on Cam to get caught up with some of his work so that I can post the form that you helped me fine tune. I am excited about it and have started to do some preliminary recording so when Cam gets the PDF issues worked out, I'll be ready to post the data on the computer.

Jack
imfuncity

Vids

Post by imfuncity »

Super duper!! I can't wait.

Better talk to the forum powers that be regarding putting hotties in bikini's on our forum shooting our fine old guns. I know one guy who has been alerting these for deletion pretty regular like. :roll: Me. (Hint hint, us old guys don't make good vids even at 150/min!!)

Oops, my wife just read over my shoulder, guess I have to call for my own pizza. :oops: (So much for skipping church this morning.)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Come on Jack, show us some vids or something - this forum is dying during the lazy days of summer. I'll even ante up 2 sec. worth to help out. (Winter must be on the way we were under 100 today.)
81police

Post by 81police »

Fantastic Special Police rifle! Hope you can manage to put it down at least a couple hours out of the day ;)
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator