a gun from God,,,,,,,,,,

Hunting pictures of your Remington Autoloader
olskool

a gun from God,,,,,,,,,,

Post by olskool »

Image I may have posted this before. but there is little activity here so I figured nobody would mind If put it up again. I killed this bandit one morning wile I was deer hunting. he was eating my corn, yes we bait for deer in SC, I shot him with my 25/35 model 8 made in 1908 the way I got this gun is a strange story. I went in a gun shop looking to find another model 8 I wanted one in 25cal. I was looking on the used gun rack. I thought Lord I wish I could find a model 8 in 25, when I heard a voice speak to my spirit and it said turn around! I did and there it was! when I put it in my hands I knew it was mine. 350+ tax. they had no idea what it was. man if it could talk the story it would have to tell,,,,,,,,,,,
I have never harvested an animal, but I have killed quite a few.............
Phyrbird

Re: a gun from God,,,,,,,,,,

Post by Phyrbird »

Yea verily, he speaks to us from time to time. We have to listen. Wish I could hear more often.
A side note: 25R, that clean, the Lyman sight, $350 :?: :?: He is really looking after you. Next Thurs we need to be thankful.
Phyrbird
SOKY
olskool

Post by olskool »

oh I am thankful! Psalm 37:4-5 4 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
5 Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
I have never harvested an animal, but I have killed quite a few.............
Long Recoil

Post by Long Recoil »

The varmint Model 8! Nice one. I'm jealous. No .25 Rem in my battery...yet.
kenhwind

Post by kenhwind »

That's interesting my Model 8 25-35 was also made in 1908, 11932. Not as nice as your, bore is a little rough from the old corrosive ammo, but if I try real hard it will shoot pretty good with my loads. Mine had a tang sight, but I put a receiver sight on it.
KEN
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Wish Remington had continued with the Rem 25 caliber with the 81 model or at least offered it in 250 Savage when they offered the 81 in 300 Savage. Have two rifles chambered in 250 Savage, a Ruger M77 bolt gun and a 1929 Savage 99 Takedown, both tack drivers in that caliber, esp the Ruger. Amen on the Scripture!