To FBI or not to FBI

Posts about the Model 81~Woodsmaster~
Phyrbird

To FBI or not to FBI

Post by Phyrbird »

:?: Is it or one that is a 1950 repair? I see 41AT screw holes, but no Partridge front sight. Yeah the left side stamp is similar.
:?: :?: :twisted: :? :? :| :?:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/802017278
Phyrbird
SOKY
81police

Re: To FBI or not to FBI

Post by 81police »

Interesting gun.

3 repair codes!
October, 1942
July, 1943
February, 1946

It's a legit FBI gun, it's just missing all of the original FBI sighting system. It would be so cool to have this gun and make it a project to restore it back to it's originally issued configuration. I know of another forum member that did this very thing and it added substantial value to the rifle!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Guess who has a sight(s) :?: :D Of course I would need some correct #5 screws :oops: to mount it. I wonder if any of our members has a spare front sight for such a restoration project? 8-) If not I have a tall Williams sight that would serve, just not be original. :roll: I also have the takedown lever if needed. ;) Wonder if this one has the FBI low power springs? :o As you say it is a worthy restoration project. :idea: :idea:
Contributions to the "Cause" are welcome. :) I just may not be able to afford this.... :?
:mrgreen:
Another note, If it's FBI is the barrel sight correct? I seem to recall the original had no boss for that unless it was a late model. Yet the barrel sleeve has no grooves for the braze? I'd also be interested if the butt plate numbers match.
Phyrbird
SOKY
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Yup, I was right, can't afford it. :cry:
Phyrbird
SOKY
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

My compliments to a neal if he's here on the forum. I think you got a real deal. Let us know if you need help w/ the restore. Wish I couldv'e hung with you longer ;)
Phyrbird
SOKY