Krieger conversion

Posts about the Model 8
Hibby83

Krieger conversion

Post by Hibby83 »

Good evening everyone.

I have a lead on what I’m sure is a Krieger converted model 8 in 35 Remington. They didn’t have anything put in their ad about it, but it definitely has a removable magazine. It’s in average shape and no extra holes in the receiver, it has a white line butt and the addition of sling swivel studs. What I’m asking is are they that rare/desireable? I feel I may have early stages of jackitis, “haha” and while I think it’s cool I don’t know if I’d want another 35 Remington. If I were to get said rifle I would look at it as more of a trade item for a different caliber springpole I don’t own yet, or just an addition to the beginning of my collection.

Thoughts?
jack1653

Re: Krieger conversion

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Luke,

I think the Krieger’s are very difficult to find and may be considered rare. They often command a higher price than a fixed magazine. If you do a lot of shooting you will appreciate how easy it is to load and to unload the rifle. Prices can be all over the place will depend on the condition of the rifle. Good luck and it isn’t all bad to have jackitis, just bad on the pocketbook!

Regards,

jack1635
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Yeah my Left rear pocket keeps coming up empty :cry: :cry:
Phyrbird
SOKY
81police

Post by 81police »

If you haven't already seen our page on the conversions, I'd recommend comparing it to the rifle in question...

http://thegreatmodel8.remingtonsociety.com/?page_id=563
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Roger

Post by Roger »

I'll have a Krieger conversion model 8 for sale soon. It is a round knob, in 35 Remington. It's in better shape than most m8s that are it's age. I'm retiring soon, and will be selling quite a few 8s and 81s
Thanks for your time
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com