Hello from new member

New Member Introductions
Kootenay52

Hello from new member

Post by Kootenay52 »

Hello everyone...thanks for adding me to the forum.
Attached below is the motivation for joining this forum.
Its date of manufacture was 1910.....so technically it is a Remington Autoloading Rifle. It is in .32 Remington. The previous owner was kind enough to throw in two complete boxes of vintage ammunition....at no extra cost!! These rifles are not as popular in Canada as in the US.....in my opinion. I have seen a few. Most of them are in 35 Rem or 30 Rem. This is the first one in .32 Rem that I have seen. The previous owner said he shot it and it worked fine. I have not shot it yet. Looking forward to advice and direction from the members here.
I like hunting, shooting, reloading, hiking, mountain biking, skiing, snowboarding......the list goes on...
Thanks, Bill.
Attachments
Remington Model 8
Remington Model 8
IMG_2877.jpg (194.17 KiB) Viewed 4288 times
Last edited by Kootenay52 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1653

Re: Hello from new member

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Bill,

Welcome to the forum. Always glad to have our brothers from Canada join the group. We have several fellas from Canada that participate.

The stock on your rifle is what we call a flat end pistol grip. You don’t see many of them so you have a unique one. If you take it down for cleaning, check the serial number to see if it matches the one on the receiver. I say this because the stock has been checkered but I don’t believe it is factory checkered. Most of the checkered rifles have a checkered forearm to match. These issues do not affect the functionality of the rifle but are more cosmetic issues.

If you have any questions, please ask and we will try to give answers.

Regards,

jack1653
Kootenay52

Post by Kootenay52 »

Thanks for the info Jack......I can only find a serial number on the underside of the receiver and the checkering is indeed not factory. The stock is a bit tired as noted in the pictures.
Attachments
IMG_2894.jpg
IMG_2894.jpg (439.94 KiB) Viewed 4277 times
IMG_2889.jpg
IMG_2889.jpg (536.16 KiB) Viewed 4277 times
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

Howdy do!
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.