LA CO.Police 81

Items for sale or trade
Roger

LA CO.Police 81

Post by Roger »

I attended the Missouri Valley Arms Collectors annual gunshow in Kansas City,Mo. Yesterday with my youngest son who lives in Platte City.We saw a display for an auction company which included a model81 police gun LA Co. Police department.It was equipped with the Police Officer Equipment co.magazine. unknown capacity. They wouldn't allow us to photo it. Here is the dates Oct.30-Nov. 2
MorphyAuctions.com
Hope this is useful to someone here. It's completely out of my league. I did pick up a decent Winchester model 71 at the show,which is really a mini Tulsa. Only once a year and a true collectors show. 1000+ tables
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
81police

Re: LA CO.Police 81

Post by 81police »

Thanks Roger! If there's an auction link for this please post it here. We've got a lot of LA County rifles on file, be neat to see if this is or isn't one of them.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
woodsman

Post by woodsman »

Thanks for posting this Roger. The Missouri Valley Arms show in KC is a great show I used to attend every year when I lived up that way. Have a good friend in KC who’s a MVA member and attended this year’s show. He had a great time. Said it was a huge show!
Also thanks for including the MorphyAuctions website. I pulled it up and they haven’t listed any pictures for that auction yet but will at some point. Looks like it’s taking place in Denver, Pa.
woodsman

Post by woodsman »

Just FYI to those interested. I finally found pictures posted by Morphy Auctions on their website for the LA County Police 81. It’s lot # 675 in the Firearms, Militaria & Sporting auction to be held Oct 30-Nov 2, 2018. A real beauty in beautiful condition. Good pictures.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Sir,
Thanks for your continued work on this auction.It was great just being able to see this rifle in person and actually getting to hold it. It's going to be fun to see how high it goes for in this auction. And once again, thanks for your time.
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
81police

Post by 81police »

Thanks for the heads up!

This rifle was previously sold 7 years ago by Rock Island Auction on 5-20-2011 for $4,250.00. It will be interesting to see if it exceeds that!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
woodsman

Post by woodsman »

The LA County Police 81 sold for $7000. The 20% buyers premium and other assorted charges added another $1820 for a total price of $8820.
Looks like it more than doubled in price in 7 years! It was in great condition.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Wow, and I actually got to hold it in Kansas City! Glad I was able to go there again. I can't wait until next year s show. Any of you Midwest guys on this forum, should really consider this show. Thanks again for keeping tabs on this rare piece for us all here on the forum.
Thanks for your time
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
woodsman

Post by woodsman »

I enjoyed looking through many of the items in the auction. The digital catalog that Morphy Auctions provided had a very nice tribute to the man who owned all these fine collectables.
His name was Jason Roselius and he drowned at the age of 48 years old trying to save his two Labrador Retrievers from an icy pond on his ranch outside Guthrie, Ok.
The auction consisted of over 1000 items, mostly firearms. Beautiful, color pictures. The man had taste for sure!
If you get the chance, look through the digital catalog for his full history and take a gander at the collection he put together. It was fantastic and well worth the effort to see.
81police

Post by 81police »

The selling price of that rifle surprised and delighted me. It wasn't that long ago that one selling for $2500 felt over priced.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator