Alternate Clips for Mod 81 .35 Rem

Posts about the Model 81~Woodsmaster~
imfuncity

Re: Alternate Clips for Mod 81 .35 Rem

Post by imfuncity »

You da Man!! An alternate clip, that's what I've been wanting to hear for sometime now.

Sorry the others didn't work and you had to invest in all those to find the one that fit but THANKS for sharing the info.
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
canuck

Post by canuck »

:?: :?:
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Canuck, :?: :?: is a reasonable post.

Now I'm going Huh? What happen to the rest of the information?

My post was a response to a member's post "that there were very inexpensive stripper clips that could be used for the 8/81 at https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/p ... Category=5 . Just use the ones for _______________ rifle". Unfortunately I did not make the purchase at the time, saved the address, but forgot which clips were combatable with the 8/81. (I tried a search and did not find the original post.)

Hope that helps with the "Alternate Clip" post and someone tells us what clips work. (Agree my post sure looks funny just sitting there by itself.)
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
canuck

Post by canuck »

Thanks for the explanation!
Hopefully someone will respond with the answer as to which stripper clips are the ones in question.
35Rem

Post by 35Rem »

I'm "pretty sure" it was the 1891 Argentine Mausers.
https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/p ... category=5

It seems like it was a pre 1900 rifle that I remember. Looked up dimensions and the Argentine Mauser case head is about 0.016" larger, so they may have a little slop, but probably not much. This would be for the 35 remington ONLY. The others are smaller.
War Eagle!
uhjohnson

Post by uhjohnson »

[b]Member of Berwyn Rod and Gun Club since 1983, it is an outdoor range located in Bowie Maryland, if interested in joining call 301-261-7515 or 301-464-9830[/b]

You don't pay too much, you pay too soon
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

No, but if... the auction stays low enough I'll get the next batch. I'll then see if I can send them that knows: 45guy, Pete, or whomever, to see how they compare to and if they can be modified to work like the originals.

Or, if someone else has tried them or would like to get them from the auction and check them out.... Let me know, I'll stay out of the bidding.
uhjohnson

Post by uhjohnson »

if you click on his large photo at the bottom of his auction it will take you to photobucket and you can see how they fit the 81 receiver, his last three auctions went for 34.00, 12.00 and 8.00
[b]Member of Berwyn Rod and Gun Club since 1983, it is an outdoor range located in Bowie Maryland, if interested in joining call 301-261-7515 or 301-464-9830[/b]

You don't pay too much, you pay too soon
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

uhjohnson,
Thanks, clicked on his picture (didn’t know that was there).:shock: Never having used a stripper clip (I know a sheltered life), I take it the clip should go all the way into the receiver? But, that his (the brass ones), are not doing that? (Showing even more of my ignorance) with his clips above like that do these clips in-fact "strip" the cartridges into the receiver/mag or is it just slightly better then individually hand feeding each one? (Which is probably what you were getting at with your OP ... I know, I'm quick! :roll:. In which case I’ll save my hard earned too.)