Another new/old guy

New Member Introductions
45guy

Another new/old guy

Post by 45guy »

I suppose some of the guys from the old board may remember me. I'm sure I did business with most of them at one time or another. I currently am 8/81-less which is a very sad state of affairs. That will be rectified eventually though.
"The sound of shot sweeping through the air toward you is impressive though. I'll give you that. It's like being swatted with the broom of God."
imfuncity

Re: Another new/old guy

Post by imfuncity »

Welcome, again. So what's w/ the "when the Doc let's me go back to work" thing?
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
45guy

Post by 45guy »

I have some lung issues involving part of a steel mill falling whilst I was inside...
"The sound of shot sweeping through the air toward you is impressive though. I'll give you that. It's like being swatted with the broom of God."
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Hum, not good. Sorry to hear about your health issues (as if breathing silica from the Sandbox was not bad enough.) Sounds like either you or the building missed the memo that morning: "Exit now!" and "Do not come down until instructed!"
Though defensive violence will always be “a sad necessity” in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine
45guy

Post by 45guy »

Mitch, this is a small drop, just one of the cranes. Imagine 700 tons of steel coming down with you trapped inside with no respirator. That's what's in my lungs.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Looks like you did the 9-11 thing, at street level. :shock: When did this happen? I'm sure there are some things going on to find out why, so another newbie with their company has to go through this? What are the docs saying, that it will clear out - just don't take up smoking!

Hang in there guy you've had a rough few years. :)
45guy

Post by 45guy »

It happened back in April, but at my last blood gas draw my O2 saturation was only 69%. I have an appointment at the pulmonary clinic on the 23rd, so we'll see how things go. As to what happened, it was a screwed up situation with a long cantilever over one of the furnaces. We all knew there would be problems, and discussed it over beer the night before. But hey, it's demolition and there are always risks so we went ahead.
imfuncity

Post by imfuncity »

Sooo, in the Jeff Foxworthy tone of buddy caring for buddy, "Why ain't you dead?" :? I'm no skypilot but it would seem that God has a purpose for you in the here and now. That could be a really good thing. :lol: Although very high mountain climbing appears to not be in your immediate future! (... as in K-2, "Vertical Limit".) :roll:
45guy

Post by 45guy »

I'm not exactly an altar boy by any means, but I'll tell you I did witness a miracle that day.