New from Iowa

New Member Introductions
Rifleman

New from Iowa

Post by Rifleman »

Hello from Iowa. Just bought my first Remington 81 in 300 Savage. Just getting order up for reloading dies, brass, bullets as 300 Savage is a new caliber to me. Have been a fan and admirer of the 8/81's since the mid 60's as a kid looking at the ads in Outdoor Life, Sports Afield, etc of the hunters defending themselves against a bear, hunting a moose, etc. Like the rifles of 'yesteryear' vs newer/modern ones. Have more class and there is something about them that says "outdoors, quality, and history"! Guess that's why I have a collection of Spanish-American War, WW1, and WW2 bolt guns and M1 Garand. Love to reload, shoot, and admire my collection. Gun shows find me looking at the older stuff more than new. Have been reading this forum for approx. 6 months and am glad to finally get a 81 and join. Yers, The Rifleman (name gleaned years ago by hunter who was impressed with a shot I made with a 22 LR rifle.
Roger

Re: New from Iowa

Post by Roger »

Sir,
I've been collecting JMB designed firearms for a long time.Ive been a member of this forum for several years now.The members are friendly and helpful. I'm also from Iowa,so you are the first member that I know of that is from the Hawkeye state. Welcome aboard.
Thanks for your time
Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
81police

Re: New from Iowa

Post by 81police »

Welcome Rifleman! Hope to hear more from you in the future :D
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator