New 81 Owner

New Member Introductions
PraiseKEK

New 81 Owner

Post by PraiseKEK »

Just picked up an 81 at the Oaks gun show so I figured I would join and lurk this board for helpful hints and suggestions ;)
Hardrada55

Re: New 81 Owner

Post by Hardrada55 »

What caliber? We always like pictures!
...the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America..."
- Hubert H. Humphrey, "Gun" magazine, Feb. '60
PraiseKEK

Post by PraiseKEK »

It's a .35 Remington. Apparently it's a super late model with a 56800 range serial number and a DWW date code. Only issue is someone drilled and tapped it for a weaver mount :( I'm not a hunter but I always found these to be amazing mechanical engineering specimens and for $400 i figured it would make a great addition to my collection
Attachments
rem81-1.jpg
rem81-1.jpg (89.49 KiB) Viewed 7373 times
81police

Post by 81police »

nice!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Bandersnatch

Post by Bandersnatch »

400 is a steal! More pics, if you please. :D
I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.
Wildgoose

Post by Wildgoose »

Nice clean looking 81! With the prices these guns are starting to draw and from what I have seen at gun shows in the last year its a steal alright. As time goes by running down a mount and a period scope for it can be a bit of fun. I did this with my first 81 and enjoy shooting it just for fun. 8-)
PraiseKEK

Post by PraiseKEK »

Wildgoose wrote:Nice clean looking 81! With the prices these guns are starting to draw and from what I have seen at gun shows in the last year its a steal alright. As time goes by running down a mount and a period scope for it can be a bit of fun. I did this with my first 81 and enjoy shooting it just for fun. 8-)
I did find a correct weaver sidemount at the shop I work at sitting back behind a bunch of other old weaver mounts. Still has the pricetag from the 90's of 14.99. I hid it for now and just put mushroom plugs in the screw holes