Happy New Year

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
jack1653

Happy New Year

Post by jack1653 »

Hey Fellow Forum Members,

I want to take this opportunity to wish all of you a very Happy and Joyus New Year. I have come to know more of you on a personal basis and appreciate each and every relationship. I hope to meet more of you in the coming year and if I can make some of the items on my "bucket-list" this will happen.

I want to refine and make better the shooting events for the Great Eight Event this year. I need input from you so that I may consider the impact on the event. I already know that I will have more shooting venues so that I can accommodate simultaneous firing for handguns and shotguns. This will improve the wait times that we experienced last year. I know that Carl likes to have a show and tell and I think I will be able to accommodate this feature at the house without making the wife too uncomfortable.

My wife has informed me that we will have to make different eating arrangements so I am working on those issues. I am thinking that a cook-out at the farm might work and I can wrangle up some local help to do this. The fall back plan will be the local restaurants and everybody is on their own. I will put together a menu for the cook-out and post it later.

I am hoping for a bigger turn-out for the event. Please give me your preferred time frame and I will establish a date based on concensus of the group. The sooner I get your input the sooner I can post the date and everyone can schedule the date.

This past year has been a very trying one for me personally. I have lost four family members and this void has been difficult to get use to. I am hoping for a better year and know that better times are coming. I hope that each and everyone of you have a very good year. I hope that I get to meet more of you and and will try to do so. Stay in touch and keep posting on the forum. I really enjoy hearing and seeing the pictures of our "Ladies", springpoles, rifles or whatever we call them. I like hearing about your "jackitis" relapse and seeing the effects. Take care my friends and may God Bless you and your family.

Kindest Personal Regards,

jack1653
Sweder

Re: Happy New Year

Post by Sweder »

God bless you Jack, I would like to attend event this year with my father who is 81 and has a pair of 81's. me model 8. thank you for update,
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Jack, Thanks so much for posting your heart felt message. Sorry for the loss of family members and from me, especially Phil`s passing. He will live on at our event with the shooting bench he built."Two things that come not again are the spoken word and neglected opportunity". Hope all that read this post agree with me that you must take advantage of an opportunity like ours. Getting to know and spend time with the members here is priceless. I`m excited about the trip already. Only caveat for me is trying to plan it in conjunction with a return visit to Montana like our visit with you a couple years ago.That trip was toward end of the summer (late August) with the temps a bit cooler. Whatever, I`ll be there and a few days early to help you with the heavy lifting. If you decide on fish fry and fixuns let me know. Cheese grits and hush puppies for sure. Have several friends and myself that fish off Mayport so Kingfish and Cobia are available. Kingfish are great but the Cobia as we say down South" is goodenuff to slap yo Momma".
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Roger

Post by Roger »

Happy new year to you,Jack. I'm proud to call you my friend. My only input at this early date is to make sure it doesn't fall on the Kansas city gunshow weekend. After going to that show with two of my son's,I really want to go back again this year. It is an excellent event,and I was able to buy 2 JMB designed Winchesters. Other than that I have no input or preference. September is usually good weather in Iowa.don't know about Illinois.
Thanks for your time, Roger
Roger
raw4555@gmail.com
ranman

Post by ranman »

Jack, thanks for all your input about these fine arms. It is always a pleasure to read about any great 8/81 or fn related stories. One day I will make the trek down to your great 8 event. Happy new year .
81police

Post by 81police »

Jack, I too was sad to hear of Phil's passing. It was so nice getting to meet him and even hearing him sing a couple gospel songs for me. That was special and I won't forget it.

As far as the Model 8 shoot goes, I'm very flexible so whatever is best for everyone else I can likely work around. Alisha and I both plan to come to Ill. this year.
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator