Hunting in Texas with the Model 8

Hunting pictures of your Remington Autoloader
Mikeshoe72

Hunting in Texas with the Model 8

Post by Mikeshoe72 »

Deer hunting in North Central Texas this weekend with my 1912 vintage Model 8 in 30 Rem.
So far the legal size bucks are hiding, but did manage to rip 6 shots at a running coyote. The coyote is alive and well, by the way! Ha! It was nice to get the 8 out into the field again. I just bought it this year and judging by the amount of dust, dirt, and rust was in it, it's been decades since she hunted.

Mike
Attachments
IMG_1681.JPG
IMG_1681.JPG (174.94 KiB) Viewed 10655 times
jim c 351

Re: Hunting in Texas with the Model 8

Post by jim c 351 »

Mike,
Does the world sometimes seem upside down to you.
Cheer up, gun owners won the last election.
Jim C
Sweder

Post by Sweder »

:lol: :lol:
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Mike,
Welcome, I too have coyote issues here in southern Ky. In the city limits and we have at least 2 packs to listen to after midnight. The Amish local farmer has a burro in with his cattle for protection. :twisted:
Don't let the comedians rag you; we both know how difficult it is to take a clear photo of a reflection in a pond, right? 8-)
I've had pretty good luck with the 30R, but personally prefer the 35R as it goes with my Super 14 Contender. Gotta watch 'em though they can smack you. A concrete bench, 200g loads, and no pad under elbow will have you wondering why your elbow is sore. Then one realizes to put a pad under the elbow. :lol:
Phyrbird
SOKY
Mikeshoe72

Post by Mikeshoe72 »

What's up with my pic I posted? On my Kindall it's upside down, on my iPhone,it's how it should be.
81police

Post by 81police »

Great picture Mike! What county are you hunting in? I love Texas hunting, though I'm a little biased ;)
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Mikeshoe72

Post by Mikeshoe72 »

I've been hunting in Bellevue, which is in Clay county, for five years now. I hunt with 4 brothers that I grew up with and we all got our start deer hunting in Illinois back in the 80's. Fortunately one of the brothers married a girl whose parents have a lot of land. Lots of deer, and coyotes, Turkey's, and hogs are a common sight too.
81police

Post by 81police »

That's really cool. My wife and I drive through Bellevue when we visit her parents in Holliday. A childhood friend of hers was also a school teacher in Bellevue for a while. Small world. Haha small town!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator