Stevens 335

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
Rack shack

Stevens 335

Post by Rack shack »

Anybody out their have any experience or pros or cons with the Stevens model 335 side by side 12 gauge. Cool old shot gun thinking about getting one.
Layne

Re: Stevens 335

Post by Layne »

Mt brother inherited one from our great-grandfather (I got the remington bolt action .22). It shoots like a brand new one, and I was jealous enough to consider buying my own. I can't imagine how there would be any 'cons' associated with it. Fit and finish is vastly superior to the new double barrels you can get for the same price, even if that's only because 100 years of use wore the burrs off.
Sarge756

Re: Stevens 335

Post by Sarge756 »

For an entry level shotgun in its day a hundred or so years ago it was a bargain. Recessed hinge pin and a boxlock action......What`s not to like??? Far nicer than the 311`s and such that came along later. I shot one for years in 12ga until a bud at the hunt camp talked me out of it and as far as I know he still uses it some 25 years later. I don`t shoot the 12`s much anymore or I could get an itch to have another one. If there was one in 20ga I`d have to have it.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."