Model 8E stock and parts

Items for sale or trade
uhjohnson

Model 8E stock and parts

Post by uhjohnson »

Is this Remington's checkering or is it aftermarket

Thanks
Last edited by uhjohnson on Mon May 30, 2016 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
[b]Member of Berwyn Rod and Gun Club since 1983, it is an outdoor range located in Bowie Maryland, if interested in joining call 301-261-7515 or 301-464-9830[/b]

You don't pay too much, you pay too soon
uhjohnson

Re: Model 8 stock

Post by uhjohnson »

I don't know what happened to the link. Looks like a broken E(gg) to me and if it is, why would someone part this beautiful specimen out, and no, he does not have the receiver to buy all the pieces to "put humpty together again". Would it be worth buying all the pieces available and putting them on another receiver, maybe even scrolling the doner.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222124278962?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
[b]Member of Berwyn Rod and Gun Club since 1983, it is an outdoor range located in Bowie Maryland, if interested in joining call 301-261-7515 or 301-464-9830[/b]

You don't pay too much, you pay too soon
81police

Re: Model 8E stock and parts

Post by 81police »

the seller had sent me an email prior to listing these pieces as he was unsure of what grade he had. The wood, in fact, was much closer to the patterns you'd find on "F" grade wood but the bottom metal, barrel jacket were more consistent with "E" grades. Now that I see some additional pictures he uploaded the wood is marked "5" relating to an "F" grade. The metal still looked "E" grade to me so my summation is still the rifle was a very ornate, upgraded wood "E" grade. Looks like all the wood & parts sold!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Cam,
I agree, there were no animal scenes, graving on the barrel was limited. Graving on the mag seemed a little more coverage than my GrD.
There was a giveaway plaque on the bottom of the stock, black like unpolished silver.
Means something, right :?: :?:
Phyrbird
SOKY
Fowlgunner

Post by Fowlgunner »

81Police,

Grade No.5 is the Expert or "E" grade which is what the stock was made for.

The forearm serial numbered to another gun and was checkered in a No.6 Premiere or "F" grade pattern.

I could not tell for sure from the photos by my guess would be the serial number on the trigger group matched the stock SN and as such was original to the "E" grade gun.

If anyone here purchased these I have some information that you may be interested in, but it will only be pertinent for a short while.

Email me at WilliamGurton (at) Hotmail (dot) com.

Thanks, Will
81police

Post by 81police »

you know what you're absolutely right. I had a brain slip! #5 is E grade, #6 is F grade. Thanks for pointing that out!

The checkering pattern on the stock is still consistent with what you'd find on an F grade. Some fancy E grade wood there!
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator