MY MODEL 8

Posts about the Model 8
eagles

MY MODEL 8

Post by eagles »

I wanted to post a few pictures of my model 8 now that the job is done with the wood and metal but how do I get them from my camera sim card which is in my computer to post on here ? I can not seem to find the prompt to display my pics so I can add them ? Thanks
81police

Re: MY MODEL 8

Post by 81police »

Hey eagles, typically while you are posting, there is a "upload attachment" menu just below where you would "submit" a post. You have to first choose a file, then "add the file". If this seems at all confusing, feel free to email me personally and I'll resize the pictures appropriately and post them.

cat9x@hotmail.com
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
eagles

Post by eagles »

Thank you, Cam. I did see those boxes but when I clicked on them , like the IMG or URL instead of just opening up my computer so I could select the sim card option it just reprinted IMG or URL in the comment section ? Anyway, I am emailing you four pictures to post and then I can make some comments !! Also, I checked the box to email me when a reply was posted but I never got one. I just came back here to see if anyone replied and read yours.
81police

Post by 81police »

here's eagles cool custom 8!
Attachments
gun.jpg
gun.jpg (491.31 KiB) Viewed 10296 times
Cam Woodall
Site Co-Administrator
eagles

Post by eagles »

Thank you for posting those Cam! It is the culmination of a lot of time and energy to make it all happen and I am very happy with the results. I found my model 8 after some looking about four years ago. I was looking for a very mechanically solid gun first off. I found one made in 1917 with a broken stock and in need of blueing but otherwise in super shape. I was told along the way of a local man who does all the high-end stock work for Cabelas and also was a master checkerer. When I located him he showed me one piece of super nice walnut he was saving for a two piece stocked gun and that is what i got. The bad news was it took him THREE YEARS TO GET IT DONE. I had collected a variety of pictures of high-end Model 8's the design is one I chose from those pictures. Also the checkering pattern came from one of those pictures. The fore end has a nice touch of an ebony wedge in the tip. I had the gun then taken apart and blued by a gunsmith who has many years of experience with the model 8.He told me mine was as mechanically tight and solid as they get. I really like the front vintage Dockendorff sight. Most have a horizontal bar with a gold bead but this one has gold cross wires instead.If you pull the shade sleeve back in low light the cross wires appear bright and gold and in low light, when closed , like a black cross wire. The case is an original take down leather case for a model 8. I LOVE MY MODEL 8 !
remington

Post by remington »

Hey Eagle,

"Beautiful Model 8" Nice to see these babies upgraded every now and then, It looks Very Nice with a great job done by all and well worth the wait!
Congradulation "what a show piece"! Be proud
eagles

Post by eagles »

THANK YOU !!!
Phyrbird

Post by Phyrbird »

Another beautiful Lady, congrats
Where did the case originate?
Phyrbird
SOKY
eagles

Post by eagles »

Thanks , from a member here who specializes in , among other things model 8 items. I do not remember his name as it was a few years ago. it's in fantastic shape just as he said it was.
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

Hey eagles,

Welcome to the forum. Isn't it great to have 81police come to our rescue with picture posting?

My congratulations on your rifle! You have something to be very proud of and I know you are. It is frustrating having to wait to get the work completed but the wait in this case was certainly worth it. I personally think it is great you took some liberties with your model 8. Thinking outside the box very often produces a product like you have shared with us. I would like to see your sight. Your description of how it works would have to be seen to get the real benefit. Thank you for showing us the beautiful wood.

Kindest Regards,

jack1653
Sarge756

Post by Sarge756 »

Beautiful rifle. I agree with Jack "would have to be seen to get the real benefit". We`d sure love to see the sight and the rifle in person the end of July in Taylorvlle, Illinois. Hope you can join us for the Great8 Event.
Joe
".......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
eagles

Post by eagles »

Thank you both. I did the best I could to put together a model 8 with some class and beauty that maybe people 100 years from now would still find appealing. Yes, I agree it was worth the wait. Probably won't be at the event sad to say. Funds are very tight but I really hope there will be lots of pictures posted. Also another thank you to the moderator for posting the pics for me.