Marbles sight?

Talk about things other than the Model 8's and 81's
lotsagas4u

Marbles sight?

Post by lotsagas4u »

My recent model 8 find has a marbles peep sight on it, can someone tell me how it works. It is very stiff, and I know it folds down. I don;t want to break it. Thanks
gusbratz

Re: Marbles sight?

Post by gusbratz »

the one on my model 14 was pretty tough when I first went to adjust it. when you turn the collar it pushes the little eyepiece stem up or down. It seemed to help to grab the stem and pull up on it then turn a little then pull up then turn a little or down and turn and down if that is the direction you are going. of course some oil helps and once I got it going up and down it freed up nice . here is a similar thread on a different web sight I enjoyed. http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... f=1&t=4102
lotsagas4u

Post by lotsagas4u »

Thanks for your reply, I am trying to figure out how it folds, there is a little gear track in the bottom middle of sight. This sight is very stiff, I dont want to break it
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

There should be a small tab at the base of the sight. It may be stuck. You need to use your thumb nail and pull the tab. This will release the sight to either fold or lay down.

Regards,

jack1653
lotsagas4u

Post by lotsagas4u »

OK, put some oil in there and it moved, should the tab slide back and forth, its loose now. I can fold the sight down, do you have to push the tab down to allow it to catch?
jack1653

Post by jack1653 »

You may have to push the tab to get it to stay. I have some that you do not have to push as they seem to be spring loaded; others I have to assist.

Regards,

jack1653
lotsagas4u

Post by lotsagas4u »

Thank You, I was afraid to break it, it appears this is one you have to move tab back and forth to work.